Associate Executive Director
The First Amendment Museum is seeking a dynamic, creative, and passionate leader to assist in ushering the museum through our next phase of development.
Our mission is to examine the history and promote the practice and understanding of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. We accomplish our mission by developing this landmark museum with interactive exhibits and programs, relevant online programming, and youth and adult programs and activities, both onsite and around the state, both in person and remotely.
In close collaboration with the board president, interim executive director and board members, the associate executive director will help implement strategies to educate citizens of the United States about the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition. Along with the director, the associate director will create and maintain a standard of excellence for exhibitions and educational programs with an immediate focus on K-12 students. With the director, the associate director will manage museum staff and volunteers, oversee financial and business operations, and assure timely, cost-conscious programming and special events.
- Fundraising development.
- Grant writing and administration.
- Create a membership and volunteer program.
- Report to the board regularly on progress and outcomes.
- Establish relationships with local and statewide educators and donors.
- Develop key partners for programming opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree, preferably in education, journalism, law, museum studies, design, communications, philanthropy, or related field.
- Leadership and fundraising experience
Please click APPLY and respond with resume, cover letter and three recent job references.