FULL TIME PAYROLL MANAGER
Jasper Wyman & Son is seeking a Payroll Manager to join our Finance Team. The Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the processing of company payroll. Ensures accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, company deductions, as well as all year-end adjustments and tax reporting. Being a Payroll Manager prepares reports on employee pay, bonuses, vacation, sick time, disability and workers compensation leave, and taxes/withholdings, etc. Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance. Manages all aspects of our Payroll Department. Additionally, the Payroll Manager may require accountability to both finance and human resource departments.
Example Duties and Responsibilities –
- Maintain payroll system (ADP) by managing the design of the system, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data for all locations
- Create and maintain payroll policies and procedures
- Provide system support to human resources team members; Maintain and update the ADP self-managed portal for all employees; Provide main line of customer support for all employees
- Calculate and process payroll for all locations; Coordinate the timely processing of weekly hourly payroll and salary payroll for all locations through regular communications with the payroll processing teams
- Generate payroll data for entries to the general ledger; Prepare monthly payroll accrual entries for all locations; Reconcile Flex, HSA, other medical benefit invoices to payroll records
- Monitor the timely preparation and filing of all monthly, quarterly, and annual federal, state and local payroll tax related reports
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a similar field required
- Accounting experience preferred, with at least 3 years of progressive experience in a payroll management role. including responsibility for payroll processing in a multi-facility company, manufacturing operations knowledge preferred
- Must be efficient, with a strong attention to detail, decision-making, and judgement
- Must have strong internal and external customer communication and collaboration support orientation, demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Must have strong organization and planning skills, demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, and exercise sound judgment and problem solving
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all payroll and benefit systems, reporting and analysis, accounting, and payroll tax functions
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and payroll software applications (ADP Workforce preferred)
Physical Demands –
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk as well as sit for a long period of time. Must be able to answer the telephone. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is a full-time, year round position. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, company paid Life Insurance, AD&D, STD, LTD, 401K Savings Plan, competitive vacation time and more. Salary TBD based on qualifications.
Please send resume and/or further questions to:
Director of Human Resources
Phone: 207-546-3800 EXT 318