Date Posted: 11/17/2021
28 Available Positions
This is a bargaining unit position
For a limited time MaineHealth is offering up to $5,000 sign on for New Grad Registered Nurses, $10,000 Sign on bonus for all eligible experienced Registered Nurses with 1-3 years of experience and $20,000 for experienced Registered Nurses with greater than 3 years of experience!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time RN position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
- Bean 5 is a high-paced 43 bed medical respiratory unit with an embedded 8 bed Intermediate Care Unit (IMC). Unique to Bean 5, the 8 bed IMC includes our Assisted Ventilator Unit. The patient population on Bean 5 is vast and includes specialties of acute on chronic states, respiratory failure, complex vascular, general surgical and neuroscience conditions, sepsis and multisystem organ failure.
- RN’s providing care in the Bean 5 IMC/AVU demonstrate astute assessment and critical thinking skills, as patients in IMC may have multi-system issues that require continuous monitoring, medication drips, frequent interventions, and higher level respiratory support. Within our Assisted Ventilation Unit (AVU) patients may be requiring acute and/or chronic ventilator support. With a focus on ventilator weaning, nursing interventions require frequent assessments and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. RN’s working on Bean 5 have the opportunity to work in a unique clinical setting that allows for experience in medical telemetry, IMC, and AVU
- Bean 5's clinical nursing team includes bright, innovative professionals looking to hold themselves and others to the highest nursing and care standards. Our nurses, patient care technicians, and CNAs exemplify analytic ability to identify patient needs, risks, and interventions. We provide excellent customer service to patients and families at their current health states and learning abilities. As a team, we continually demonstrate exceptional communication abilities, always effectively interacting and problem solving with other healthcare professionals, hospital administration, patients and families.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining completion within five years of hire.
- Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.