WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Fraud Analyst 1 is responsible for reducing the financial risk resulting from fraud to our customers, our partners, and WEX. This is accomplished through prevention, detection, and management of misuse, abuse and fraud. Fraud Analysts may be assigned an area of greater focus, such as application fraud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
COMPROMISED CARD CALL CAMPAIGN
- Telephone/email contact with fleets with compromised cards to terminate and reissue cards and advise fleets on next steps.
- To limit fraud losses through both early and accurate detection of abuse and promotion of best practices.
- Transaction or velocity monitoring to detect potential abuse/fraud in a timely manner and take the appropriate course of action.
- Recommend modifications to detection tools or processes to facilitate early and accurate detection and increase detection rates.
- Limit fraud losses to all stakeholders through:
- Both early and accurate detection of abuse
- Promotion of best practices
- Providing consultation to customers and partners for all account or card-related security measures.
- Perform application fraud reviews where warranted.
- Responsible for managing against regulatory requirements and deadlines for compliance reporting.
- Initiate formal cases when appropriate and thoroughly prepare case for transition to Fraud Analyst II for investigation.
- Identification of areas in need of process improvement and demonstrate initiative toward formulating and implementing the improvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability