About the Opportunity
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Enrollment Counselor manages prospective student portfolio throughout the entire enrollment life cycle in alignment with accountabilities, conversion benchmarks, and team enrollment goals. The Counselor’s strategy will include but is not limited to significant call and email conversations, new student follow-ups, and virtual meetings designed to attract adult undergraduate and graduate students in line with the Colleges’ and Campus Deans' priorities.
Experience in counseling, call campaigns, and small and large group presentations. This position will require a flexible work schedule, but it is primarily Monday-Friday. Some nights and weekends may arise for student-related events, and travel will be minimal, but may be required periodically. Proven ability to work independently, excellent communication and presentation skills, sensitive and responsive to the needs of diverse constituencies and managing goals. Highly organized and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit eager to work in a start-up environment. Knowledge and skills are typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of one year of experience in sales, student enrollment or non-traditional college admissions. Experience using Salesforce preferred.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Student Enrollment
- Implement an effective goal and process-driven enrollment strategy designed to enroll talented, diverse, and academically qualified students for desired degree program(s).
- Develop and execute various contact strategies that include group and individual counseling of students, webinars and/or events for students, expert-level understanding of the available scholarship programs, work on conversion/yield campaigns, take student interviews & meetings among other activities. Student contact, follow-up, and enrollment process conversion to meet and exceed goals is an expected accountability.
2) Counsel and Advise Prospects and Applicants, Transfer and New students, and other Constituents:
- Communicate accurate information and effectively counsel all prospects, applicants, transfer and new students, and other constituents in a timely, professional, and positive manner during all enrollment activities including, onsite visits, information sessions, meetings, written correspondence, email, and phone calls.
- Fully participates in all training and professional development opportunities.
3) Management of Systems and Knowledge Base:
- Maintain accurate and timely record keeping of all interactions with students in university CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and application systems to produce accurate reporting.
- Provide feedback on any issues/interests that may arise during applicant & prospective student contact in efforts to provide continued improvement of the student experience.
- Work closely with the manager to collect, analyze and present data that will inform new programs and services that meet market demands.
- Accountable for staying current with all programs within assigned programs to properly assist applicants & prospective students with the enrollment cycle.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.