This opportunity includes highly competitive compensation and an industry leading benefits package including:
- 401 (k) plan with company
- Health Insurance including Family Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Education assistance for employees and their children
- Discounts on our products
Put your skills to work at a reputable successful company that cares about its employees. Uniforms, continuing education, in-house technical training and a top-notch fleet equipped with tools are also provided.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Masters or Journeyman License
- Experience in installation, maintenance, and repair of residential and commercial oil heating equipment
- Strong customer focus
- The ability to work without close supervision
- HAZMAT endorsement / Propane license a plus
- A focus on safety!
- Position Summary:
Installs and repairs residential and commercial propane and/or oil burner equipment and appliances while ensuring a high level of customer service. The responsibilities of this position are carried out with particular attention to maintaining customer property, respecting customer confidentiality and working as a trusted advisor. The Service Technician serves as a Dead River Company ambassador by adhering to our Brand Promise, Guarantees and Pledges and our Co-Worker Guarantees and Pledges.
- Installs, trouble-shoots and repairs oil and/or propane heating systems in accordance with applicable codes, safety regulations and Dead River Company policies.
- Performs efficiency tests, tune-ups, and contract service inspections.
- Eliminates call-backs and reduces liability by ensuring that all work is performed safely and accurately.
- Promotes image as a trusted advisor through a neat appearance, clean uniform and timely, safe and courteous service.
- Promotes Dead River company products and services. Advises customers on best options for specific needs.
- Maintains a neat and orderly service vehicle. Ensures that all tools and equipment are in safe operating condition.
- Immediately records and reports parts and labor for service calls in accordance with company procedures. Maintains and tracks parts inventories in service vehicle.
- Participates in night and weekend on-call schedule as necessary.
- Reports all accidents, spills, and liability claims.
- Performs propane Gas-check inspections according to applicable codes and company policy without supervision. (Propane technicians)
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Technical school training is preferred.
Technicians regularly interact with customers, other employees (dispatchers, other technicians, drivers, and office personnel) and equipment and parts supply vendors.
Apprentice – Will have successfully completed oil burner training course or CETP program.
Journeyman – Will have at least one year of relevant oil and/or propane service experience.
Master – Will have two or more years of relevant oil and/or propane service experience
Certification, Licensing, and Testing:
- Apprentice, Journeyman or Master designation licensing is necessary in states where required.
- Applicable propane CETP certification is required for propane technicians.
- All technicians must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.
- All technicians must have a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license. Driving record is reviewed at employment, and annually thereafter, and must meet company standards.
Industry related equipment including all types of hand tools, testing equipment, threading equipment, soldering torch, power tools, along with appropriate gauges and meters.
Technicians make decisions regarding the appropriate steps to take in servicing or installing equipment and heating devices. Complex problems or unusual customer related issues are referred to the Service Manager or other appropriate party. The apprentice works under the direct supervision of a journeyman or master technician.
Safety considerations relate to safe operation of the service vehicle, wearing appropriate personal protective safety equipment, proper lifting of heavy parts or equipment, and general observation of the surroundings where work is being done.
Other Attributes Required:
This position requires dependability, commitment to exceptional customer service, ability to work independently, the desire to work as part of a team and a thorough understanding of the Dead River Company brand promise, guarantees and pledges.
Temperatures may vary from below zero to above 90 degrees, depending on the time of year. Since the job involves working with devices that burn petroleum products, there is some exposure to the product and fumes. The work area ranges from the technician van to commercial and consumer sites that are occasionally cramped with little headroom.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent driving, standing, walking, and sitting
- There is occasional to frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing
- There is frequent use of the hands/arms to reach, feel, handle, lift or pull
- There is frequent communication involving both talking and listening
Weight or Force Moved:
Technicians move various sized objects weighing from a few ounces to over 100 pounds. When very heavy objects are moved technicians are expected to seek assistance from other employees. See accompanying Physical Requirements Analysis for more detail.