Northern Light CA Dean Hospital
Department: Medical Surgical Unit
Position is located: Northern Light C A Dean Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Under the direction of the Director, Safety & Environmental Services, the Environmental Technician/Porter is responsible for cleaning all areas of the hospital according to policies and procedures.
- Performs 7 Step cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units/offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges & rest rooms
- Follows discharge cleaning procedures as written
- Follow infection control guidelines when cleaning precaution rooms
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedures.
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Removes trash, biomedical wastes & soiled linen from patient rooms to appropriate disposal areas for Porter pick up.
- Replenishes paper supplies, bedside and bio bags as needed.
- Makes additional rounds for trash removal in patient rooms
- Ensures cubical curtains are hung correctly.
- Keeps housekeeping cart clean at all time & replenishes supplies on cart
- Replenishes supplies in designated closet
- Follows all infection control practices including hand hygiene techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Observes safety precautions at all time & report hazards as appropriate
- Puts in work orders when necessary
- Removes "wet floor" signs after floor is dry.
- Assures cleaning cart is secured at all times, includes taking the cart off units when going on break
- Wears PPE as appropriate
- Replaces sharps container when filled to appropriate level.
- Understands how to read Safety Data Sheets& where they are located
- Responds to pages as they are received
- Logs beds in computer Bed Status report & Bed Book
- In absence of Porter removes soiled linen from units to appropriate storage
- In absence of Porter removes trash from units to appropriate storage
- In absence of Porter removes biomedical waste from units to appropriate storage
- In absence of Porter dry mops corridor floors
- Performs additional Porter functions as necessary
- Participates in MCMH recycling program.
- Participates in the washing of cleaning cloths/mops & slings
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
- Completes task area sheets daily.
Competencies and skills:
* No previous experience required.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Continuous kneeling.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status