WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
The Software Development Engineer plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing, enhancing, and improving batch job framework for a complex distributed technology platform.
• Responsible for providing high level assessments of related work efforts.
• Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to high complexity.
• Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
• Responsible for contributing to project related artifacts governed by corporate SDLC and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
• Collaborates with team to research improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
• Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
• Responsible for creating/updating system documentation related of related work efforts.