Are you interested in a progressive and growing company that offers exceptional opportunities for your success?
SME is looking for a qualified, intermediate to senior Landfill Field Engineer who can perform oversight, quality assurance, and testing associated with civil- and environmental-related construction projects. Construction projects will include landfill cells, landfill cover systems, remediation projects, pumping systems, piping systems, and other civil related work. Construction projects will be mostly in Maine but may require occasional travel to other states.
Because the Landfill Field Engineer works closely with SME's project managers, contractors, and clients, your strong interpersonal and verbal skills will be important to this role. At SME, we take pride in building and maintaining meaningful, long-term relationships. Please see our Company Profile for more information about SME.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of construction and/or oversight experience related to civil and environmental projects
- Experience with construction material testing, including soil compaction testing and soil material sampling
- An understanding of construction surveying techniques, contracts, design specifications, engineering drawings, and quality assurance/quality control plan requirements as they relate to civil and environmental related projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, HydroCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook) software
- 2-year degree in construction management or civil technology or related field is a plus
- Familiarity with landfill components such as geosynthetic liners, earthwork, and liner construction techniques is a bonus but not a requirement, and
- Given the nature of the work, the ability to travel and stay near the construction site is required for this position.
SME offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The company pays 100 percent of Medical, Life, and Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance, and annually contributes to each employee's Health Savings Account. We provide paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. SME's retirement plan includes three components: a generous 401k plan, profit sharing, and a non-discretionary 3% of gross pay contribution. There are year-end bonuses for all employees.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com