Catholic Charities Maine Refugee & Immigration Services in Portland has a Full-Time opening for a Services to Older Refugees (SOR) Manager.
Definition: The SOR Manager provides case management to help older refugees and asylees (age 60+) adjust to life in the US by overcoming barriers (culture, language, social isolation and loss of networks). The goal of the SOR program is to increase older refugees’ self-esteem, reduce their experience of isolation, and improve daily functioning and help them progress on the path toward US citizenship. The Senior Companion for Older Refugees volunteer matching program and the development of group socialization programing (a nationally recognized best practice) are two major components of SOR. SOR Program Manager will work closely with community partners to improve access to mainstream aging services and ethnic community-based organizations to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate services to older refugees and improve capacity of providers to serve this population. They provide case management to help older refugees access services (i.e.: health care, subsidized housing, transportation, state and local benefits, and in-home care), and refer older refugees to RIS Immigration Legal Services (ILS) for immigration legal help.
- A choice of three (3) comprehensive medical plans
- Dental & Vision Insurance options
- Short- and long-term disability, life insurance (employer paid!)
- Accident & Critical Illness insurance with a Be-Well Benefit (optional)
- Six (6) weeks of Earned Time (first year!) plus an additional six (6) agency holidays
- 401k agency contribution after 1 year employment
- Wellness reimbursement - Up to $100 per year on health and wellness purchases!
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Bereavement Time off
- ADP LifeMart Employee Discount program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational level. BSW preferred.
- Experience/interest in working with elders from difference cultural backgrounds
- Strong listening skills and a nonjudgmental, respectful, and patient approach
- Ability to build programming across agencies and with community and volunteer support
- Strong computer and writing skills
- Language skills a plus but not required
You may submit your cover letter and resume (indicating the position title) via our website (www.ccmaine.org) or email (email@example.com), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and Affirmative Action/EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled Employer. Catholic Charities Maine participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please go to: https://www.ccmaine.org/employment