Schedule: Pool/Per Diem
Affiliated Healthcare Systems' (AHS) mission is to enhance the clinical care delivery systems within EMHS by providing cost-effective, integrated support services for EMHS members; pursuing profitable, sustainable growth opportunities in both healthcare and non-healthcare markets; and creating and delivering new products and services that provide a tangible direct benefit to EMHS.
All AHS positions require flexibility, regular attendance, the understanding that position responsibilities may vary at times, the need to be receptive to additional responsibilities that may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor and the knowledge that processes are subject to change per organizational growth.
The purpose of this position is to operate emergency response vehicles and assist licensed EMS providers with patient care functions as directed and within the scope permissible by Maine EMS. The primary function is to assist with driving during routine, emergency, and critical care transport of patients to other healthcare facilities.
Meridian Mobile Health
Reports Directly to:
Educational / Licensing Requirements:
· High School Diploma / GED
· Current CPR certification
· Active, Maine driver's license
· Insurable by auto insurance carrier
· AVOC (Ambulance Vehicle Operators Course) or equivalent
Experience / Skill Requirements:
· Emergency Medical Responder experience and/or education preferred.
· Pre-hospital EMS' experience preferred
· Must have the ability to interpret written, oral, and diagnostic form instructions.
· Must have the ability to read English language, manuals, road maps, accurate discern street signs and address numbers; ability to calculate weight and volume ratios.
· Must have the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, patients, health professionals, and others.
· Maintains harmonious work relationships
· Complies with policies / procedures
· Completes assigned duties within designated time
· Provides quality customer service
· Close proximity to co-workers
· Time sensitive service standards with potential for moderate, significant periods of emergency-based assignment.
· Must be able to work under pressure and work closely with co-workers in a client-oriented environment.
· Irregular or extended work hours (the degree to which work hours exceed 24/day or hours and shifts change) – moderate potential for extended hours.
· Both local and long-distance travel required.
· Extreme environmental conditions including heat, cold and moisture, on occasion
· Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking, stretching, grasping, repetitive motions.
· Extended periods of time in a vehicle (driving and or as a passenger)
· Must be able to communicate verbally with others, to include phone and/or radio equipment.
· Must have the ability to lift 125 pounds; must be able to lift and carry 250 pounds with assistance
· Must possess good manual dexterity, with ability to perform all tasks related to quality patient care.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, and crawl on uneven terrain
· Must be able to withstand the extremes of the environment including heat, cold, and moisture.
· Must be able to work in confined spaces
· Must not suffer from habitual intemperance in the use of narcotics, hypnotics, alcohol, or other substances that might result in the employee performance that endangers others.
· Must have distant visual acuity of at least 20/40 (Snellen) in each eye without corrective lenses or visual acuity separately corrected to 20/40 (Snellen) or better with corrective lenses, distant binocular acuity of at least 20/40 (Snellen) in both eyes with or without corrective lenses, field of vision of at least 70° in the horizontal meridian in each eye, and the ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing standard red, green, and amber;
· To help AHS achieve its mission of service by carrying out position responsibilities in a most competent, professional and caring manner.
(* = essential functions)
· Asist in stocking and maintenance of vehicles, including pre-trip checks to assure readiness when called.
· Assist with moving and transferring of patients.
· Responds promptly to requests for transfers/calls.
· Provide security as directed by leadership
· Operate the emergency vehicle safely and in control, while adhering to state laws an EMS rules.
· Reads manuals, road maps, discern street signs and address numbers
· Communicates effectively with co-workers, patients, health professionals, and others
· Communicates effectively with others via radio and telephone equipment
· Participation in company activities; Staff Meetings, committees, and public relations details
· Ability to perform efficiently throughout the entire work shift without interruption
· Demonstrates ability to safety operate company vehicle(s)
· Offers flexibility in scheduling matters; willing to work late, arrive early, augments staffing when requested (call-ins), and regularly completes pager shift duty
· Demonstrates professional conduct; demonstrated through appearance, behavior, sense of responsibility, pride in the company, and willingness to mentor others; willingness to progress professionally into specialty team assignments
· Performs duties using proper technique and following protocols related to BSI, infection control, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.