This is a great opportunity to start a career with a company that makes a difference in people’s lives. MMG prides itself on exceptional customer service, a friendly and flexible work environment, and professional employee development. We offer a competitive benefits package with a strong 401k, industry education, and degree completion assistance. Our Systems Engineers design, install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot information technology systems ensuring hardware and software components work properly together.
Designs, installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots information technology systems ensuring hardware and software components work properly together. Provides advanced technical support for desktop, server and networking issues. Works strategically with other team members and IT management in developing strategies for the company’s technology infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications systems and services such as personal computers, mobile devices, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, cabling, data services, and telephone system and related equipment. This work is done in alignment with published infrastructure and information security standards.
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and implements procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Monitors performance of technology systems, recommends improvements, and responds to alerts generated by automated systems.
- Ensures logical and physical security is implemented in accordance to best practices and published standards for all deployed technology solutions.
- Performs routine audits and vulnerability scans to expose threats and enhance security. Remediates security vulnerabilities as required.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Assists with budget planning, research, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Works with external vendors and service providers for hardware/software acquisition, support, and maintenance
- Drafts and maintains LAN/WAN documentation and processes.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses higher-level reported network problems or complex system issues.
- Develops and communicates standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Collects and analyzes network, data, and memory utilization, making recommendations for improvement.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Responds to the needs and questions of users concerning their access of resources on the network.
- Travels as required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and to fulfill educational requirements. (May include overnight stays.)
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and 6-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Office Productivity software such as Spreadsheet, Word Processing, and Communications software. Should be familiar with development environments, information security concepts and tools, project management software and work tracking / ticketing systems.
Possesses demonstrable skills in one or more of the existing computer disciplines: Network Hardware/Software (Cisco switch/router/firewall/server setup and configuration), Windows desktop/server operating systems, virtualization technologies such as Terminal Server and/or VMWare, PowerShell scripting, security administration, Microsoft Group Policy and Active Directory management, data backup strategies, mobile device management, anti-virus and malware technologies and concepts, Microsoft Azure administration, deployment & management, and other related technologies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possesses, or must acquire, within a reasonable period of time as established by the Company, one or more of the following designations: Cisco’s Career Certifications such as the Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Certified Network Professional (CCNP); and/or Microsoft’s IT Professional such as Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
The Company may expect the employee to take other courses it deems appropriate to the employee's duties.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possesses good telephone skills.
- Possesses good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates the ability to consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- Works cooperatively and productively with employees.
- Is self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Possesses a valid driver's license.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrates an aptitude consistent with securing information, analyzing it, and making above-average decisions affecting the position's area of responsibility.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
*Interested applicants must apply through Company website www.mmgins.com/careers