In collaboration with a physician or the Medical Director, the nurse practitioner provides care for hospitalized patients on the Behavioral Health Unit. The nurse practitioner will provide face to face psychiatric evaluations, medication management and health care to patients. The nurse practitioner will co-manage their case loads with the physicians. The position also includes developing and recording a plan for effective and timely treatment for patients.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree as Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Valid license as a Nurse Practitioner by the Maine State Board of Nursing and qualified to do psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Advanced skill and knowledge in conducting psychiatric evaluations and treating psychiatric patients.
- Specific credentialing criteria needed if working in the hospital as defined by Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a PMHNP
- Competitive salary base
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Paid time off
- Annual CME allowance
- Collaborative work in a multidisciplinary team