Our client, a telecommunications provider offering a full menu of business and residential voice and data communications solutions, is seeking to add a Voice Engineer to their team. This Direct Hire position is responsible for projects and tasks related to the voice switch network, hosted PBX platform and voice application systems. This position includes responsibility for design, and planning for maintenance, improvements, capacity and upgrades for the relevant systems. The Voice Engineer is responsible for executing projects to augment and enhance the network or voice systems.
The Network Engineering team is responsible for designing, planning, and operating complex network and voice systems to ensure optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness through utilization of industry-best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Responsible for tasks related to evolving the voice network to VOIP and consolidating switching platforms
- Plans, designs, and coordinates augments and rearrangements to the existing voice switch infrastructure, including TDM, SIP, Hosted PBX and periphery systems such as voicemail
- Responsible for maintaining spares inventory, network redundancy and sufficient capacity for voice switching infrastructure
- Provide technical assistance and support to other teams for major systems improvements
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of rural and competitive telephone operations and subscriber services preferred.
- Expertise in IP voice systems and SIP preferred
- Experience with equal-access and presubscription process.
- Experience with complex translations
- Experience with Broadsoft and Metaswitch preferred
- Knowledge of industry standards and best common procedures
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office procedures. ? Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax, two-way radio and telephone systems.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- 2 or 4 year technical degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant technical experience.
Pro Search, Inc. was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. Pro Search, Inc. strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
Pro Search, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.
We regret that due to high volume we are only able to correspond with candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements. Applicant not meeting our client’s specifications will be considered for future opportunities.