WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX) provides B2B payment processing and information management solutions. From our roots in fleet card payments beginning in 1983, we have expanded the scope of our business to a multi-channel provider of corporate payment solutions in fleet, virtual travel, and healthcare markets.
Our innovative technology, payment, and data solutions are working to enable our customers and business partners to focus on what they do best: achieve their business growth objectives.
WEX is more than just a corporate payment processing company and a job. We are an agile and innovative technology community, where our curious and collaborative people look to bring the future of commerce to the present.
The WEX Technology Co-Op Internship offers a 4 to 24 months experience for students looking for work experience with the flexibility to attend school throughout the year.
Our internship program is designed to provide interns hands-on, practical experiences while working alongside our some of our industry’s smartest teams; as well as providing immediate value to their teams and our leaders.
As an intern, you will be challenged and offered the opportunity to make an impact across the business and be involved in the company’s most critical business decisions. We are looking for ambitious and curious students, who are interested in growing professionally and developing their skills to become the next generation of leaders in technology.
We are specifically looking for engineers and developers interested in Information Security (Cyber Security), Cloud Architect and Operations, Mobile WEB and App Development, UX/UI, Software QA, and Software Development.
What you will be doing in this role:
Our team is looking for a Data Engineer Co-Op Intern based in either Portland, Maine or Ogden, Utah. This position will assist the Global Fleet Technology team on a number of key initiatives that support the delivery of value to our customers and help transform our internal software development practices.
You will be:
- Assisting data engineers to solve business problems
- Data research, analysis, and documentation
- Working on solutions to process large data volumes
- Engaging in proof of concept efforts to explore cloud data management options
You should also expect:
- A collaborative and challenging working environment
- The opportunity to engage with various stakeholders across the business
- Mentorship from senior leaders in Global Fleet Technology
Who we are looking for:
- At a minimum, you should be a rising junior, senior, or masters-level student, pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field
- Interest in all aspects of data research and development
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming language with some software engineering experience
- Knowledge of modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, and data tool sets and the ability to apply them
- Proficiency in data modeling techniques and understanding of normalization
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with cloud-based environments
- Strong problem solving, conceptualization, and communication skills
- Strong project management skills, including planning and execution
- Strong written and verbal skills, including presenting information
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability