WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX) provides B2B payment processing and information management solutions. From our roots in fleet card payments beginning in 1983, we have expanded the scope of our business to a multi-channel provider of corporate payment solutions in fleet, virtual travel, and healthcare markets.
Our innovative technology, payment, and data solutions are working to enable our customers and business partners to focus on what they do best: achieve their business growth objectives.
WEX is more than just a corporate payment processing company and a job. We are an agile and innovative technology community, where our curious and collaborative people look to bring the future of commerce to the present.
The WEX Technology Co-Op Internship offers a 4 to 24 months experience for students looking for work experience with the flexibility to attend school throughout the year. WEX Co-Op interns can work beyond the summer period into the school year with the understanding that WEX is flexible with their school schedules.
We are looking for engineers and developers interested in Information Security (Cyber Security), Cloud Architect and Operations, Mobile WEB and App Development, UX/UI, Software QA, and Software Development.
Our internship program is designed to provide interns hands-on, practical experiences while working alongside our some of our industry’s smartest teams; as well as providing immediate value to their teams and our leaders.
As an intern, you will be challenged and offered the opportunity to make an impact across the business and be involved in the company’s most critical business decisions. We are looking for ambitious and curious students, who are interested in growing professionally and developing their skills to become the next generation of leaders in technology.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Design and build AWS environments using automated workflows
- Help develop a library of scripts to automate the WEX AWS cloud environments
- Work with development teams translating requirements into designs and automated workflows
- Assist developers and DevOps teams with implementing automation scripts that follow the WEX standards
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture, Info Security (Dome9) and Operations to develop automation that meet our standards and compliance requirements.
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned
You will need:
- Familiarity with the following:
- AWS Technologies
- AWS Cloud Formation, TerraForm, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS Security Group and Route Table
- Production Operations
- PCI, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley security requirements
- Scripting experience in Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency
- A “can do” attitude and works well in a team environment
- Ability to document clear/precise instructions for procedures or processes
You should also expect:
- You should expect to be collaborative and challenged as you work with our diverse, passionate and talented technology teams
- Engage and interact with senior leadership
- Train and develop your skills in your area of work with some of the best technology experts in our industry
Who we are looking for:
- At a minimum, you should be a rising junior, senior, or masters-level student, in a degree/certificate-seeking accredited program
- Strong project management skills, including planning and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting information
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability