Northern Light Health
Department: Talent Acquisition
Position is located: Cianchette Professional Building - Brewer, Maine
Work Type: Full Time - Temporary 2023 Summer Internship for Thomas College Students only, up to 15 weeks.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Application Deadline: Friday, May 5, 2023
The Intern will partner with the Talent Acquisition Department to provide additional support on recruitment efforts and special projects as assigned.
- Assists in developing training and education for department managers on recruitment and employment law issues, including interviewing skills, techniques and HR system requirements.
- Assists with development and implementation of recruitment initiatives and infrastructure.
- Assists in job fairs, campus recruitment, and diversity initiatives as needed.
- Assists in special projects by clarifying project objective, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, developing and organizing information and fulfilling transactions.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising leadership on needed action.
- Assists Recruiters in developing training and education for department managers on recruitment and employment law issues, including interviewing skills, techniques and HR system requirements.
- Assists Recruiters to ensure acceptable reports have been received on reference checks, background checks, license verification and driving record (if applicable) prior to recommending the candidate for hire.
- Learn system requirements for on-boarding administrative process.
- Assist Recruiters to establish the appropriate rate of pay within the established grade/range.
- Other duties assigned by Talent Acquisition Manager/Director.
Competencies and Skills
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Required High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
- Current undergraduate student with at least junior or senior standing, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong communication skills and aptitude for working in a team setting
- Interest or experience in healthcare and/or nonprofit organizations
- Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
- Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.