Morrison Center is HIRING! Work close to home and provide essential services!
We're hiring DSPs for our Adult Residential programs in Naples, Bridgton, South Paris, Standish, and Cornish!
Our new Adult Residential facility in Wells will be opening in April!
Morrison Center is seeking caring, creative, and energetic team members to provide services to adults with severe cognitive and physical disabilities in our residential settings. Interested applicants should have a strong desire to help others, be open to learning new things and receiving feedback, be able to work well with a team, adjust promptly and calmly to new situations, and perform effectively under stressful conditions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Attending to general welfare and health of residents – feeding, attending to bathroom needs and personal care.
• Planning and facilitating meaningful daily activities using methods and techniques designed to achieve established goals
• Maintaining current, accurate, and orderly documentation and progress notes
• As a team, maintaining a clean and safe home environment
• Promoting life skill development and community integration
• Contributing to a positive work environment.
Education and Requirements:
DSP Certification preferred but will train motivated applicants - Next full training begins April 6, 2020.
Experience working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.
HS diploma/GED required.
A valid Maine driver’s license.
Pay and Benefits:
Hourly wage based on experience - $12-13.50/hr.
We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation, personal and sick time, health & dental insurance. Life insurance, short & long-term disability insurance are provided at not cost to employee. 403(b) with company contribution.
Morrison Center’s mission is to build a bright future for people with disabilities by empowering individuals to achieve maximum personal growth and independence.
Morrison Center is a 501 (c) (3) organization and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities