WEX, Inc. is looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer with broad Information Information Security experience. This individual would be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining security tools in a globally distributed enterprise environment.
Who Are We?
We’re the Global Information Security Team at WEX, responsible for implementing and operating security technologies and processes throughout WEX. We partner closely with internal teams and customers to assure WEX operates in a secure and compliant manner. Our team holds itself to a high-standard and we collaborate closely with one another to ensure strong, reliable and effective relationships. We own our results and we take pride of ownership in everything we do.
We need help!
Changing the world isn’t easy, and we have a lot of work ahead of us. From securing applications, data centers and cloud resources, we’ve got more work than we can handle and we’re looking for great people to come along for the ride. We are looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring the secure function of software security and familiarity with multiple general security practices and toolsets
Who are you?
- A highly motivated network security engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams that interface with the entire enterprise
- A collaborative, solid communicator who works well with your team and stakeholders to drive projects from inception to completion
- Someone who cares deeply for team results but is able to work independently to deliver high quality solutions for projects and operational tasks
- Comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated organization
- Someone who thrives in situations where details and accuracy are vital
- A skilled worker that has the motivation, expertise, and work ethic to operate independently across global time zones, and who is able to complete tasks and deliverables with minimal oversight
- Work closely with Enterprise IT teams on securing WEX's infrastructure and applications
- Able to mentor other engineers both technically and professionally
- Are a Subject Matter Expert in Network Security
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures to protect the enterprise
- Configure and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices
- Regularly review configurations and develop improvement plans
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security findings, vulnerabilities, and risks
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and recommendations for security enhancement.
- Have a diverse background in IT, security and supporting processes
- Deep experience working with compliance and regulatory frameworks such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA/HITRUST, SOX, GDPR, NIST, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking concepts, applications, and technologies
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on network traffic, network security infrastructure, and security incidents
- Experience with enterprise firewalls, Cloud WAF, and/or similar network security devices
At a minimum, you
- Have 7+ years of experience in Enterprise Network Security Engineering
- Have 5+ years of broad experience with security technologies in an enterprise environment
- Have a strong, practical understanding of modern cloud IT infrastructure, networking, and security engineering concepts
- Are able to troubleshoot network and security issues within a complex environment
- Have 5+ years of experience in engineering solutions which meet security, compliance, and business needs
- Can commit and deliver on very specific project/delivery timelines with minimal supervision
- Are able work in an on-call rotation which may include some night and weekend shifts
- Have excellent customer support skills, both written and verbal
- Have 5+ years of experience in supporting enterprise firewalls, proxy solutions, and other perimeter security devices
- Have 5+ years of experience with securing applications and enabling secure communication through HTTPS, DNSSec, and other applicable technologies
- Familiar with ITIL concepts, and are able to apply them to Incidents, Problems, and Changes.
- Are an expert in Security Policy management on network security devices
It would be nice if you
- Have cloud experience with AWS and Azure
- Experience working with Imperva Cloud WAF
- Experience working with Splunk
- Experience working with Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience working with Cisco ASA devices
- Hold advanced certifications relevant to network devices and Information Security (e.g. CCIE, CISSP, PCSE, etc)