Job Posting End Date: 01/03
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:The purpose of this position is the delivery of effective candidate sourcing, recruitment and selection process to meet Unum’s business needs.
This Consultant will support the Customer Experience organization (Contact Center, Benefits, Account Services) for Unum US. High volume recruiting experience is a MUST!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Unum hires the highest quality candidates with the skills, education and experience necessary to meet our business needs.
- Successful execution of comprehensive sourcing and recruitment strategies for exempt and non-exempt openings which position Unum to meet current and ongoing staffing requirements.
- Development of strong rapport/working relationships with diverse audiences including but not limited to business management; faculty and academic administration; student organizations, vendors and community resources.
- Expertly cold call, network, recruit and close candidates.
- Develop strategies for attracting diverse talent for all assigned requisitions.
- Consult and educate managers and selection teams on recruiting and selection-related topics and issues.
- Proactively source and identify candidates for pipeline and introduce to hiring managers.
- Evaluation and selection of colleges and universities from which to source candidates and develop relationships, based on business needs.
- Plan, coordinate and execute on-campus recruitment efforts (information sessions, career fairs, interviews).
- Meet recruiting goals and high-performance standards to support achievement of business results.
- Promote the employee referral bonus program to create additional pools of quality talent.
- Provide utilize regional employment market data to ensure competitiveness in hiring.
- Partner with Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultants or direct manager to develop alternative recruiting strategies as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of successful high-volume recruitment and selection experience required.
- Insurance industry experience and HR certifications preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; highly organized.
- Knowledge of OFCCP requirements and effectively managing full life cycle recruitment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence.
- Strong negotiation, decision making and persuasion skills.
- Capable of rapport building and interpersonal skills for effective networking.
- Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to work in a metric driven environment required.
- Understanding of the the job market/applicant pool and address challenges with alternate recruiting strategies.
- Ability to gain the attention and respect of hiring managers.
- Demonstrated ability to function/recruit on a national/international, multi-location level.
- Strong technical aptitude: extensive use of internet as a vehicle for sourcing, job postings and researching; Ability to effectively utilize any recruiting systems for tracking and managing applicants; Ability to grasp MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.