Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant –Preble St. Learning Collaborative
Flexible full time or part-time
Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Partners is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work as part of an interdisciplinary team at the Preble Street Learning Collaborative, a community-based clinic serving people experiencing homelessness and providing experiential learning to medical residents from the depts. of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Psychiatry
The NP or PA will serve as the lead clinician, working collaboratively with clinical and case management staff from both MMC and Preble Street to provide harm-reduction and trauma informed care. The scope of services at the Collaborative includes urgent and follow-up care, mental health services, wound care, and a bridge program prescribing medication for opioid use disorder.
- Master's Degree required.
- Successful completion of accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program with at least 2 years of APP experience.
- Current license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
- Current BLS certification.
- Experience providing medical services to those experiencing homelessness.
- Knowledge and comfort with harm reduction approach and trauma-informed care.
- Advanced skill and knowledge in conducting physical examinations and treating patients in expanded practice model with minimal direction at a level generally acquired through two to three years in-depth experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Analytical abilities necessary to obtain medical histories, conduct physical examinations, prepare complex treatment plans, and treat assigned patients with minimal guidance and direction.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of personnel. (e.g. patients, employees, physicians, and other health care professionals)
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.