The Referral Specialist will ensure patients have been cleared for an appointment by resolving pre-certification, registration, and case-related concerns prior to a patient's appointment. The referral specialist verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorization if needed from the insurance provider and provides administrative support such as entering referrals and documents within the system. Additional administrative responsibilities include scheduling and managing appointments and responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Education: High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous medical office experience.
• Knowledge of managed care and medical office billing procedures.
• Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
Maine Medical Partners is a respected group of primary care and specialty medical practices in the MaineHealth family. MaineHealth Benefits include but are not limited to:
•Health and Dental Insurance
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Parental Leave for Birth and Adoptive Parents