- The Patient Service Representative (PSR) is an integral part of the Women's Health team, providing exceptional service to patients, and supporting care team members in providing a positive patient experience. We are seeking a friendly, welcoming person with strong patient service and office technology skills to join our outstanding team!
- Full time, benefit eligible position; 40-hours per week. Schedule is Monday-Friday daytime hours.
- Exceptional benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability, paid time off, paid family leave, retirement, tuition assistance, and more!
- Primary duties include answering incoming calls, scheduling patient appointments, placing appointment reminder calls to patients, checking in/out patients, collecting copays, completing end of day report, processing referrals, distributing incoming correspondence, ordering supplies, and other duties as assigned.
- This is a fast-paced, friendly work environment, often with multiple tasks to complete at once. Ability to prioritize tasks is essential. Must be friendly and helpful, with a focus on patient experience.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent is preferred.
- License/Certifications: None required.
- Experience: Prior medical office experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
- Exceptional communication skills with patients and providers, both in-person and on the phone.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations.
- Secretarial/business skills preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software is highly desired.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent grammar, writing skills, decision-making, and organizational skills are essential.
- Familiarity with medical terminology is essential.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.