At MMP Congenital Heart, Medical Assistants have the opportunity to work with cardiac pediatric and adult patients in a small clinic setting. Our Medical Assistants are integrated into the patient care team and are able to multitask throughout the day. We value the role that all team members fulfill to promote excellent patient care.
When you join Maine Medical Partners, you may also receive the following perks:
- May be eligible for $3,000 sign-on bonus*
- 3-tier clinical ladder
- Position Summary
- The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based ambulatory practice environment. The MA functions under the license of the provider when performing clinical and other patient care tasks. The MA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to excel in a team-based care environment.
- Maintain personal and professional records that include evaluation and validation of clinical competence/proficiency, continuing education, and any certification or verification of special skill sets.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of the electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures.
- As of July 1, 2016, applicants must have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of 160 hours clinical experience acquired through an externship. Acceptable equivalent criteria minimum of 2 years clinical experience in a multi-physician medical practice.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant credentialing preferred.
- Current BLS required.
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.