Our client, who offers a full menu of business and residential voice and data communications solutions, is seeking to add an ISP Engineer to their team. This is a Direct Hire position, is responsible for projects and tasks related to the transport and central office engineering. This position includes responsibility for design, and planning for maintenance, improvements, capacity and upgrades for the relevant systems. The ISP Engineer is responsible for executing projects to augment and enhance the network.
The Network Engineering team is responsible for designing, planning, and operating complex network and voice systems to ensure optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness through utilization of industry-best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Plans, designs, and coordinates complex network augments and rearrangements to the existing network.
- Responsible for maintaining spares inventory, network redundancy and sufficient capacity in transport and access network systems
- Responsible for working on central office facilities, utilities, infrastructure, and related systems
- Provide technical assistance and support to other teams for major systems improvements.
- Mentor coworkers in new technology
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of rural and competitive telephone operations and subscriber services preferred.
- Experience with central office installation, maintenance, and repair work
- Experience managing and installing DC power systems
- Experience managing and installing SONET network systems
- Experience managing and installing DSL and Fiber Access equipment o Experience with DWDM, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet technologies
- Experience with design, planning, documentation and maintenance of fiber and coaxial plant
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, IP, FTTx, ATM, xDSL, T1/T3 or GR-303 required
- Strong understanding of various engineering practices and procedures required
- 2 or 4 year technical degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant technical experience.
Pro Search, Inc. was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. Pro Search, Inc. strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
Pro Search, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.
We regret that due to high volume we are only able to correspond with candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements. Applicant not meeting our client’s specifications will be considered for future opportunities.