Do you have a background in philanthropic fundraising and grant writing? Are you looking to apply your skills in a creative and impactful way? Want to be part of a team who shares your passion for helping to create a strong Maine economy by supporting small businesses, workforce development, good jobs and environmental sustainability?
Then we want to hear from you…
CEI’s mission is to help grow good jobs, environmentally sustainable enterprises, and shared prosperity in Maine and in rural regions across the country by integrating financing, business and industry expertise, and policy solutions.
The Resource Development Manager is a contributing member of the CEI Corporate Development Team, which supports CEI’s fundraising and resource development activities. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely also with the President and Operations Leadership Team to identify philanthropic resource opportunities, develop and write grant proposals, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, engage with broader staff to develop a diverse and stable funding base for CEI’s work consistent with CEI’s strategic plan.
This is a full-time 40 hour per week position with benefits although CEI is open to discussing a 30-32 hour per week schedule for the right candidate. The position is based in our LEED platinum office in downtown Brunswick, Maine.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Development, Funders, Research and Analysis
• Identifies diverse funding opportunities in alignment with organizational mission and strategy, with a primary focus on philanthropic funding sources (institutions and high net worth individuals).
• Prepares and supports the preparation of funding applications through writing, research, data analysis and communication with grantors and lenders.
• Organizes and delivers closing documentation to grantors.
• Completes external funder reports on grant awards as assigned, in collaboration with program staff.
• In consultation with the CEO, develops the agenda for and supports Grant and Capital Strategy and Systems Team meetings
• Represents CEI at events relating to CEI’s mission where potential funders are present.
2. Development Support System
• Maintains the CRM Development Pipeline and following award agreement and moves pipeline activities to CRM Funder Compliance.
• Brings ideas for fine-tuning how the new CRM system can further support the development process to the IT team.
• Collaborates with Compliance and Data Analyst and Accounting team to support the award onboarding process.
• Manages Grant and Capital Strategy and Systems Team SharePoint Site content, including updating funder application boilerplate and standard attachments.
3. Marketing strategy
• Collaborates with Chief Communications Officer and Marketing Manager to develop marketing materials for investor due diligence, funder meetings and speaking engagements.
• Collaborates with Chief Communications Officer and Marketing Manager to develop resource development-related announcements and other content for social media outlets and quarterly newsletter.
• Supports CEI’s mission, vision, values and Strategic Plan.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified candidates will have a passion for writing and excellent verbal communications skills. This includes a keen attention to detail and accuracy coupled with superior initiative and follow through. Additionally, to be successful in this role the individual must be results-driven and a curious, out of the box thinker. She/he will have the proven ability to work collaboratively and foster strong relationships with clients, senior management, department heads, Board members, Board committees and external partners. Excellent time management and meeting deadlines within a part time schedule is critical.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree. Graduate work in community/ economic development, urban/ environmental planning or public policy preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered as a substitute for formal education. Experience in the non-profit sector is important. Understanding of marketing strategy is important. Exposure to/understanding of finance or community development finance is a plus.
Application deadline is October 4, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: When applying, please submit a cover letter that details your interest in this position, CEI’s mission, and why building an equitable Maine economy resonates with you. Cover letters are required in addition to your current resume.