Our client, a nonprofit transportation organization, is seeking an experienced Manager of Finance and Administration to join their team.
Summary of Responsibilities: Assists the Executive Director in fulfilling the organization’s mission and fiduciary responsibilities by the efficient and effective stewardship of its financial and real assets. Responsible for the cost-effective maintenance, development, and implementation of services, systems, and management tools which support Agency operations and contribute to improved cost, quality, productivity, and/or client services. Directs the Agency's overall financial operations.
Additionally, the Manager of Finance and Administration participates with the Management Team and Board in the development of the Agency’s policies and strategic goals. Has a shared responsibility with the Executive Director to effectively implement the Agency’s administrative policies and procedures. Administrator-in-Charge for financial and administrative affairs in the absence of the Executive Director.
Supervises the Agency’s financial and administrative personnel including two financial associates and the administrative assistant.
- Develops and implements the annual and capital budgets with the guidance and approval of the Executive Director.
- Oversees all accounting functions including the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly financial reports.
- Manages the finance and administrative department through effective planning, development, monitoring, and enforcement of effective, responsive policies and procedures to ensure the department's efficient and timely performance. Prepares and updates the department’s accounting manual.
- Maintains department staff through employee training and maintaining a safe and legal work environment.
- Provides staff supervision and direction by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance, and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Works with the contracted technical consultants to ensure that computer, communication and building systems are properly maintained and adequately staffed to meet the needs of the Agency.
- Oversees the human resources for personnel affairs and benefits administration.
- Oversees HR and administrative duties assigned to the administrative assistant.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team, developing and implementing strategic and operational goals and objectives to meet the Agency’s mission.
- Makes assessments and reports to the Executive Director and the Management Team regarding financial, personnel, and administrative affairs; assists the Executive Director in working with the Board; serves as staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
- Assists the Executive Director in the preparation with funding requests and updating of certain documents and reports including: National Transit Database, the annual report, employee handbook and special projects, etc.
- Prepares reports for and maintains compliance with, federal, state, and municipal agencies on matters related to funding, payroll administration, and benefit planning including the 403b Tax Sheltered Annuity and Section 125.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies for accounting standards including GAAP, MAAP, FASB, etc.
- Oversees the preparation for the annual audit including the timely, accurate closure and reconciliation of the Agency’s books and the completion of all financial schedules required by the auditor.
- Prepares government grant applications for Agency funding; monitors all grants and contracts for capital acquisitions and Agency programs and operations.
- Oversees general business affairs including contracts, procurements, insurance, cash investments, etc.
- Provides appropriate finance department support to the Executive Director and other department managers in such areas as financial and data analysis.
- Attends pertinent training workshops and appropriate seminars.
- Participates in union negotiations.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or business management.
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) of senior-level financial management with additional experience in general and personnel administration, preferably in a not-for-profit transportation agency or governmental unit.
- Proficiency with computers for accounting, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse staff, external auditors and regulatory agencies. Ability to translate financial terms into understandable terms for other managers.
- Ability to work in a team management setting.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, mission-driven organization in a key leadership role.
Salary will depend on experience and includes excellent benefits.
Candidates meeting our client’s requirements will be contacted directly all other applicants will be considered for future opportunities. We do not share resumes with client companies without applicant’s consent.
Pro Search is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran or handicapped status