Temporary PT Pharmacy Tech
Temporary Portland, Maine
- Location: Portland, Maine
- Type: Temporary
- Job #18853
Job Opportunity: Temporary Pharmacy Technician
Join our client in their Portland based medical office as their Temporary Pharmacy Technician. They’re looking for a dedicated individual to assist their pharmacists in the prescription process, ensuring accuracy and excellent patient care.
- Prescription Filling: Efficiently enter prescriptions into the computer system, fill prescriptions accurately, and conduct a final check according to departmental policies.
- Communication: Handle incoming phone calls, retrieve messages, and organize workload effectively. Maintain communication with clinical staff, patients, and other departments.
- Inventory Management: Manage pharmacy supplies, OTC items, and prescription drugs. Place orders, maintain stock, and work with automated dispensing systems.
- Quality Assurance: Greet patients, process returned prescriptions, check for outdated medications, and answer inquiries regarding drug coverage, prices, and services.
- Financial Management: Handle cash register transactions, resolve daily cash logs, and assist with financial tasks as needed.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate a positive attitude, cooperative spirit, and excellent interpersonal skills. Serve as a role model for other staff members.
- Education: High School diploma required.
- License: Must have a current pharmacy technician license and be actively registered in the state of employment.
- Experience: Previous pharmacy work experience preferred. Knowledge of pharmacy terms and abbreviations is beneficial.
- Skills: Strong typing and computer skills are preferred. Excellent communication skills are essential for interactions with clinical staff, patients, and coworkers.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday $17-22/hr, commensurate with your skills and experience.
- Immediate Start: Jump right into the action with an immediate start date.
How to Apply:
If you are a certified Pharmacy Technician with a passion for precision, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to patient care, we encourage you to apply. Take the next step in your career with this opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive and collaborative medical environment.