POSITION - Union: ESS II (ESS I acceptable)(CMP-ME-Lewiston Serv Building)(46278)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Lewiston Serv Building
Provides coordination and technical support to the service centers and their industrial/commercial customers. Provides support to Key Account and other customers as required promoting load growth increasing sales revenue.
- Manages SAP work orders through approval process and construction phases.
- Maintains close working relationship with key account customers to develop early warning of threats to company revenue. Plans and executes strategy to avoid customer bypass, including negotiating long-term pricing agreements, use of incentive rates and involvement of other company and outside resources.
- Achieves electric sales and marketing program goals, including the sale and implementation of products and services, ISO programs and other mandated outreach with key account customers.
- Investigates power quality inquiries and analyzes Power Monitoring Instrument (PMI) data, responding to customers and coordinates implementing of required corrective measures.
- Conducts EMF Surveys for customers and provides explanation of survey results.
- Researches complex issues and coordinates resolution of engineering, right-of-way and rate issues. Assists in the evaluation and development of company policies as required.
- Reviews and coordinates engineering drawings and specifications on commercial and industrial projects to ensure compliance with the company’s specifications.
- Responsible for coordinating complex projects with other departments, including assisting with cogeneration projects as needed, to ensure prompt and efficient service to our customers.
- Provides technical assistance to the service centers and their customers.
- Required to have a working knowledge of the Standard Requirements, Rate Schedule, and Terms & Conditions.
- Required to have a working knowledge of applicable sections of Company’s Construction Standards, SAP Procedure Manual, Safety Instructions, Storm Center Assistance Procedure, System Diagrams, Emergency Service Restoration Plan, National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code, Maine Public Utilities Commission Rules and Regulations, City and Town Ordinances as may relate to job assignment, Poly phase and Single Phase Line Extension Policies.
- Other ancillary duties related to the core functions of the job as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong negotiation skills to work effectively with others in coordination of projects.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities for timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Strong verbal communication skills, orally and in writing. Team Work - works effectively with others
- Demonstrated ability as Project Manager expediting projects from inception to completion.
- Make decisions and recommendations to solve problems due to obstacles in moving a project to completion.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematic or Business and 3 years experience as a Technical Services Associate Analyst including support of Key Account Customers or 2-4 years equivalent utility industry and customer service experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited electrical engineering or computer science program.
- Working knowledge of the various operating systems and computer programs used by the department. Computer literacy – MS Office, SAP, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country