Want a rad hat?
Want to work with a rad team of fine craftspeople?
Join the Bassett Custom Home Builders Team.
Bassett Custom Home Builders Inc. provides a wide breadth of construction contractor service from frame to finish in Central and Southern Maine. Energy efficiency, integrity, high level of detail, and performance are central to our design and construction methods. We are a small team of fine craftspeople that focus on carpentry and work with local partners. Bassett Custom Home Builders Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Typical Schedule is Monday thru Friday, 7 am to 4 pm
Minimum Responsibilities Include:
- Perform carpentry work including and not limited to the framing of floors, walls, and roofs. Installation of doors and windows, siding, roofing, interior, and exterior trim, decks and porches, interior wall and ceiling coverings, insulation, cabinets, counters, flooring, and stairs. Interior trim and millwork.
- Estimates equipment, tool, and material requirements for each job. Reviews and performs weekly carpentry duties as outlined by the Foreman or Owner.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned. Cleans up worksite debris.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Frequently the employee is required to lift or carry up to 75 lbs. consistently, 50 lbs. over the head, and occasionally lift and carry 100 to 150 lbs. Must be comfortable with heights when required to work on roofs, tall ladders, and scaffolding. Must be able to work in hot, cold, and cramped environments. Must have reliable transportation to jobsites located in Southern, Central, and Coastal Maine.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate at least 3 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry.
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans, work orders, and other math specifications.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour, dependent upon experience.
1099 preferred contractors are welcome to apply.
Applicants with similar military experience encouraged to apply.
Open to applicants that have recently graduated from a building program without the required years of experience.