FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Director of Appraisal Services, provides valuation support for the Bank’s real estate valuation activities for loans secured by residential real estate collateral. Also, assumes responsibility for the ordering, monitoring and delivery of residential appraisal and evaluation reports, in support of loans originated by the Residential Mortgage, Consumer Lending, Commercial and Small Business lines of business, as well as residential real estate loans managed by Special Assets.
- Update and maintain master database of all BSB approved residential appraisers to include Tier rating, service areas, fees, license expirations, E&O insurance expiration and areas of expertise.
- Effectively uses ValuTrac appraisal management system to order and monitor a variety of information for residential appraisals and evaluations.
- Evaluate the internal residential valuation requests for completeness and initiates follow-up with internal personnel for missing information.
- Ensure timely and accurate ordering of residential appraisals from external vendors, following relevant standards and regulations.
- Ensure appraisals are ordered with the most competent appraisal vendor in the subject’s service area.
- Initiates and documents contact with appraisers regarding overdue inspection and appraisal delivery dates.
- Provides assistance and guidance to lenders, credit personnel, appraisers, loan processors and underwriters in resolving questions, status updates, problems or complaints about delivery of appraisals.
- Uploads reviewed and accepted residential appraisals to the Encompass system.
- Communicates with residential appraiser vendors, other members of the REVD team and lending/credit/workout personnel regarding orders, inspections, residential appraisal reports and reviews.
- Utilizing ValuTrac and knowledge of costs outside of ValuTrac (appraisals for VA loans, for example), maintains spreadsheet of costs, scans invoices and requests approval for payment.
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Research and understand new laws and regulations and how they affect appraisal duties.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required college, business or banking professional training helpful.
- Personal computer proficiency required.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Organized, sets priorities & meets deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Proficient in ValuTrac.
- Understanding of Synergy.
- Understanding of Encompass.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis