For a limited time MaineHealth is offering up to $10,000 Sign on bonus for all eligible Social Workers!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time Social Worker position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 3 months separation from employment.
~ 40 Hours/week, Salaried, Day shift ~
Maine state licensure to practice as a LCSW, LMSW-CC, LCPC, or LCPC-c is required
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is seeking a Social Worker/Clinical Counselor- Adult Services, Float (LCSW, LMSW-CC, LCPC, or LCPC-c) to join our passionate and dedicated supporting both the Behavioral Health Unit at Southern Maine Health Care in Sanford, ME and the team at Spring Harbor Hospital in Westbrook, ME!
Fast paced, challenging work for the right clinician who enjoys working with a multi-disciplinary team. The float social worker will be available for shifts within the hospital, at Maine Behavioral Healthcare act teams, and the Southern Maine Healthcare behavioral health unit. The Social Worker/Clinical Counselor may supervise other social work/clinical counselors, students or other staff.
Southern Maine Health Care’s Behavioral Health Unit
The Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit in Sanford is a 40 bed, locked unit that provides a 24 hour treatment program designed to provide care for adults ages 18-95 in acute psychiatric crisis. The multidisciplinary team treats individuals experiencing major mental illnesses and addiction related problems. The program includes voluntary and involuntary levels of care.
Our team of mental health professionals plan and work together with the patient to provide psychiatric care, medical treatment, support, referral for follow-up care, and opportunities for learning and emotional growth.
Spring Harbor Hospital
Set on 50 private acres, Spring Harbor Hospital, part of Maine Behavioral Healthcare, is southern Maine's only private psychiatric treatment and recovery center. Our inpatient programs for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults provide hope for those who suffer from a variety of mental illnesses and co-occurring disorders (mental illness and substance use), as well as, Maine's only hospital treatment unit for youth who experience both mental illness and a developmental disorder, such as autism.
We are fortunate to have a unique collaboration with Maine Medical Center, which allows us to offer the most complete array of psychiatric treatment, physician-training, and medical-research programs north of Boston.
Responsibilities of the Social Worker/Clinical Counselor include:
- The evaluation of psychosocial needs of patients/clients and their families, and provision of diagnostic/preventive and treatment services including individual, family, and group therapy.
- Provide complex discharge planning, coordinates aftercare services, and makes referrals for other community services based on the treatment plan.
- Works in collaboration with other health/mental health professionals and provides consultation to the treatment team regarding patient/family social and environmental needs.
- Work is performed under general supervision in accordance with institutional and social work/clinical counselor policies.
- May supervise other social workers/clinical counselors, students, or other staff.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare offers social workers and clinical counselors a career ladder to recognize and reward increasing levels of clinical expertise, commitment to safe patient and family care, and quality patient outcomes. The focus of the clinical ladder opportunities are to promote professional development, maximize formal advancement opportunities, and create an environment that promotes a high level of quality patient and family care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Master’s degree in Social Work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- License/Certifications: Maine state licensure to practice as a LCSW, LMSW-CC, LCPC, or LCPC-c is required. Licensure by the Maine State Board of Social Worker Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred. Licensure by the Maine Board of Counseling Professionals. Certification by the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years of work experience in a health or mental health setting preferred.
- Knowledge of social work theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well principles of social welfare
- Able to teach basic social work principles and applications to the medical setting
- Proficiency in psychosocial assessment and treatment and considerable knowledge of community resources and agencies and how to use them in resolving complex problems related to health, illness and disability
- Membership in Academy of Certified Social Workers preferred
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.