Job Posting End Date: 07/10
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:This position is responsible for driving and implementing key technology and business projects as well as ensuring departmental infrastructure and business processes are built, implemented, well defined and communicated. This position will develop, distribute, and manage business plan for the department and key audiences. This position will develop the systems/workflow process to gather, analyze and report on business projects and key initiatives. This requires effectively working with the company management, external auditors, key functional partners as well as other members of the organization at all levels and at all campuses.
- Bachelor’s degree required in computer science, software engineering, or similar discipline, or relevant professional qualification/acceptable industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of Program and Project Management experience
- Hands on experience with the following technology: PEGA RPA and BPM, IBM BPM, Tibco iProcess, Integration Technologies, SDLC
- Demonstrates program management, communication, and leadership skills on large, complex initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Hands on experience with enterprise wide Automation and Business Process Management initiative
- Experience with Data Integrations services and legacy transformation
- Experience with managing budgets and strategic planning
- Project/program management certifications like PMP, Prince2, CSM, CSPO, CSP and/or CSC
- Demonstrates passion for technology and keeps abreast of latest state of the art
- Experience in financial services or insurance industries
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, monitors and controls the stages of projects in functional areas of Automation, Case Management, and Business Process Management (BPM) to build, enhance, transform, and support technology and/or business services by successfully delivering on outcomes.
- Acts as a role model for project management professionalism, critical thinking, and setting productivity pace. Promotes a financial focus and emphasizes business value metrics.
- Plans the realization of business benefit so that the success of each project can be measure retrospectively by reference to the performance of its persistent products in the business environments.
- Provides leadership, direction and integration of activities across multiple teams to ensure successful execution.
- Provides visibility for and coordinates dependencies across multiple teams (within and outside of assigned organization).
- Identifies, proposes and initiates software process improvement activities within the organization.
- Owns and drives opportunities that will have a measurable effect on operational effectiveness.
- Identifies, analyzes and deploys appropriate management strategies for the risks associated with projects. Monitors risks as their proximity, likelihood and impact evolve and modifies plans for their management appropriately.
- Participates in cross-departmental planning and collaboration as needed.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with counterparts in other business and technology organizations to ensure program alignment with broader technology and business plans.
- Resolves conflicts and pursues solutions that all parties can support while furthering the goals of the organization.
- Manages, tracks and reports, both written and verbal program updates appropriate for various levels of stakeholders, including executive levels.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.