Manager - Planning and Cost Control
Job Title: Manager - Planning and Cost Control
Reports to: PMO Director - NECEC
Reporting hybrid to Augusta, ME
Salary Range $118,000?- $146,000
The Manager-Planning & Cost control is responsible for managing the cost & schedule control of the NECEC project. The Manager-Planning & Cost Control is responsible for providing leadership and developing a team of Cost Controllers/Schedulers. This position will report directly to PMO Director within the NECEC group. This leader will work closely with Managers, Project Managers and Construction Managers to ensure that projects are deliver safely, ahead schedule and under budget.
• Generation and supervision of periodic cost & schedule reports such as Progress and Earned Value Report, Critical Path, 6-month look ahead, Cost Deviation analysis, etc.
• Work with Project Managers Construction Managers to obtain and analyze the portfolio performance proactively identifying areas of risk.
• Responsible for creating and keeping all project schedules current.
• Ensures project team utilizes the standard project account structure and cost structures complying with FERC and any other applicable regulation, or customer requirement.
• Support Projects executive team or Project Managers on the development of ad hoc reporting requirements or documents required for regulatory proceedings.
• Supervises internal or external staff’s participation in project meetings leveraging schedule time and cost analysis to drive project performance.
• Manage and maintain the Risk profile for the NECEC obtaining input from all the team members.
• Supervises and approves the Risk Cost definition and the Mitigation Action Plans developed by the Project teams.
• Must ensure Schedulers/Cost Controllers are correctly reconciling costs with specific work packages and reported outputs in sufficient detail for regulators and customers.
• Prepares reconciliation statements with the appropriate level of breakdown to be shared with the developers
Skills and Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Engineering, Economics, Business or related field
MBA or professional certification a plus
• 5 Years’ experience in Project Controls
• Proficient at Microsoft Excel and Word
• Supervisory experience a plus
• Expert using scheduling tool (Primavera)
• Expert experience using cost and resource loaded schedules.
• Advance utilization of Risk Management.
• Expert experience in customer funded project cost projections, trends, budgeting and accounting.
• Focused on meeting customer reporting requirements.
• Experienced using SAP, writing queries, extracting data.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Results oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong understanding of PMP principles and Quality Management Systems.
• Knowledge of main configuration and general arrangements of networks (substations, overhead lines and cable).
• Proven ability to lead and work in a team environment.
• Team oriented.
• Ability to think critically, generating reports and information required for regulatory filings and proceedings.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam,
background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Our Selection Process
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables