Department: Food and Nutritn Svcs - LTC-SNF
Position is located: Lakewood Cont Care Center
Work Type: Part Time
Work Schedule: Variable
This position is responsible for the assembly and portioning of food items for tray assembly, for placement of food items and par stock, standing orders and special function items, for the washing and storage of dishes, pots, pans, other wares and for salad bar maintenance. Work also includes transportation of food carts and garbage removal.
1. Portions and assembles food items according to production sheets in a timely manner.
2. Wraps silverware. Minimizes waste.
3. Cleans work area, coffee machine, refrigerators, food carts, and other equipment.
4. Works and stocks tray-line and places menued cold food items, condiments, silverware, and other items on trays.
5. Prepares/portions desserts, salads, drinks, and other items.
6. Follows regulations pertaining to kitchen sanitation and the proper handling and service of food.
7. Assembles and delivers items for nourishment, par stock, standing requests, and special functions in a timely manner.
8. Properly washes and stores dishes, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, cooking utensils, bottles, trays, and other serviceware.
9. Operates dish machine according to established procedures. Reports to Dietary Supervisor if dish machine is using incorrect amounts of chemical warewashing compound or if temperatures are improper.
10. Cleans and washes dish machine, sink areas, and food carts.
11. Dumps trash and cleans containers.
12. Places items on, and removes items from the food carts.
13. Assists in accurate placement and rotation of food and supplies. Breaks down boxes.
14. Maintains a good working relationship with residents, physicians, dietary staff, visitors, and all personnel.
15. Performs other essential duties as assigned.
16. Attends inservice training.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
* No Minimum Requirement
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status