POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the daily operations and staff within the Human Resources department, as well as the ongoing administration of bank’s HRIS and payroll processing, the management of human resource programs and implementation of best practices as an employer of choice. This includes, but not limited to, recruitment, talent acquisition, orientation and onboarding; compensation, benefits, and leave administration; performance management, coaching, and disciplinary matters; employee relations, morale, disputes and investigations; maintenance of employment policies and position descriptions; wellness, workers compensation, ergonomics, and occupational health and safety programs; compliance, reporting, and audit support; and collaborates with the learning and development team to support the learning culture.
- Directs the daily HR operations to ensure legal compliance with labor laws, and in alignment of the bank’s strategic business plan, policies and procedures, as well as in support of the bank’s mission, core values, and talent strategy. Focuses on a high performance culture and KSB as an employer of choice. Oversees the daily workflow, project assignments, and managing the staff within the HR department. Provides staff support and guidance, as well as coaching and training for the HR team while monitoring the team’s performance, productivity, quality of work, attendance, annual evaluations, and progress toward individual and team goals. Prepares HR communications to keep KSB staff and HR team informed on HR initiatives.
- Serves as an administrator for the HRIS and utilizes the system to full capacity, to the extent possible, in an effort to maximize automation, workforce planning, and efficiency for the HR department. Learns system features and tools to increase HRIS usage within the department and to train HR staff on HRIS capabilities. Extracts data and provides reports for analysis, tracking, compliance.
- Manages the bi-weekly payroll processing and the ongoing administration of payroll records. Ensure all processing is completed accurately and on time; assist employees with payroll-related questions or problems. Maintains the various elements of the Bank’s compensation program, processes, and the salary administration component of the bank’s incentive bonus program. Coordinates the data extraction for the salary and benefits survey process for assessment of competitive total compensation.
- Identifies, develops and implements talent acquisition strategies to increase the qualified applicant pool and to attract diversity of candidates. Researches new opportunities to build partnerships for talent recruitment purposes. Monitors recruiting needs and supports the hiring managers through coaching, interview assistance, and the selection process. Ensures recruitment practices are consistent and provide an excellent candidate experience for new hires and existing staff applying for internal advancement opportunities. Collaborates with Learning & Development staff to have Human Resources offer a robust and impactful new hire orientation and onboarding program.
- Manages the administration of the employee benefits program. Supports the Human Resources Officer with new hire benefit enrollments, the annual benefit elections for existing staff during open enrollment, and the processing of invoices for insurance premiums. Oversees the time away and leave benefits for PTO, MEPL, Holidays, FMLA, STD/LTD programs, and other approved types of leaves. Manages the 401(k) plan by partnering with our investment provider, plan administrator, and consultant to appropriately manage the retirement plan. Provides information to auditors for annual 401(k) audit. Provides ongoing assessment of benefits for best practice and best in class offerings.
- Administers the annual performance review process for all staff, as well as the initial 90 day and 180 day reviews for newly hired and/or promoted staff. Provides management coaching to department managers and supervisors on performance matters. Collaborates with management staff on employee disciplinary process to ensure fairness and accountability in performance.
- Serves as a liaison to staff and managers for employee relations matters. Handles disputes and internal investigations and ensures a fair, just, and consistent process that is confidential and properly documented. Provides a recommendation to the CHRO for approval in the resolution of investigatory matters. Managers the employee off boarding and exit process due to resignations, retirements and terminations.
- Reviews the HR documents for the ongoing maintenance of employment policies within the Personnel Policy Researches best practices for new policies and follows the process for the implementation of new policies and changes to existing policies. Provides communications and training to managers and staff related to new and revised policies, as appropriate. Also, administers the ongoing review of job descriptions as part of the annual performance evaluation process and with any new job posting for vacant and new positions.
- Works with the HR staff and our vendor partners on KSB’s Employee Assistance Plan and the Employee Wellness program. Supports the development and implementation of ongoing wellness initiatives to engage staff on healthy choices and lifestyle. Manages the occupational health, ergonomics and safety programs including injury reporting by managers and employees, first report of injury/illness reports to workers compensation insurance carrier, and medical and or occupational health support to the affected staff.
- Coordinates the HR information and data requests for compliance, audit, security, and reporting purposes; supports the audit process, as needed. Maintains all appropriate records for compliance and audit reporting. Responsible for the tracking and reporting of EEO/AAP/VETS-100 data and reporting.
- Collaborates with the learning and development team in support of training requirements and educational initiatives for staff. Actively promotes the learning culture of the bank and encourages staff to participate in educational programs to increase engagement, development of skills, and career growth at KSB.
- Comply with all Federal and State banking regulations and all Bank and department policies and procedures.
- Meet or exceed established objectives and standards for the Director of Human Resources position performance.
- Maintain knowledge of current KSB products and services. Actively utilize as many Bank products and services as possible in order to fully understand their features and benefits and to be able to communicate effectively with customers and prospective customers.
- Talk to customers and listen for “cues and clues” to determine needs; respond to customer inquiries and evaluate their needs; suggest Bank products/services to customers to meet their needs; make referrals to other Bank personnel as appropriate.
- Actively participate in community organizations and events. Represent the Bank in the community.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality. Handle telephone inquiries and provide information to vendors and other departments in a professional and courteous manner. Attend and participate in Bank meetings. Attend internal and external training to improve skills and knowledge relevant to this position.
- Understand and fully comply with Kennebec Savings Bank’s Core Values.
- Perform other duties as required.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- HR Officer
- HR Administrator
- HR Coodinator
- Bachelor’s degree desired and/or equivalent of education and work experience.
- HRCI and/or SHRM certification preferred. (SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP)
- 5 - 8 years progressively more responsible experience as an HR Manager supervising a team and with responsibilities for Payroll & HRIS administration.
- Human Resources generalist experience desirable.
- Computer literate, with specific experience in Microsoft Office for email, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications; knowledge of various payroll systems and contemporary HRIS systems.
- Experience with Paylocity HRIS preferred.
- Must be able to lift files and other documents of approximately 20 pounds.
- Must be able to read and work with computer print-out reports.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time while waiting on customers.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time operating a computer keyboard and working at a computer monitor.
- Must be able use the telephone to converse with customers for extended periods of time; must be able to communicate clearly by telephone; must have good listening ability and skills.
- Must be able to deal with people in a confidential and professional manner.
- Must have strong written communications skills, including letter and report-writing ability.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work flow; must have good attention to detail; must be able to handle multiple jobs.
- Must have the ability to think through a problem, following proper steps and using independent judgment as appropriate in finding a resolution.
- Must have a high degree of ethics and maintain confidentiality of customers and accounts.
- Must be friendly, courteous and sensitive to the needs of customers and coworkers.