MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program is 11 weeks filled with meaningful work, learning sessions and networking opportunities. Our goal is to help prepare our interns for their future careers by providing them with hands on experience related to their field of study. This is a paid internship and students can receive credit toward their degree. The program will begin on June 1st and end on August 14th. This internship will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Operations Intern should be someone interested in Computer Operations/ DeVops. The intern will take part in the common practices around systems operations. The IT Operations Intern will work on various projects as needed and be paired with a System Operator for a given project. Development skills are not required, however, if an intern is interested in exploring coding/scripting, he/she can get some experience coding/scripting and testing the results.
- Performs daily production processing by leveraging a variety of technologies, such as AS/400 system administration and job execution, report development using SQL or scripting, to deliver key business and IT deliverables.
- Monitors all critical production processes and technologies that have high visibility and impact on business and IT operations. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Based on skill level, may be able to assist with some scripting or coding using a variety of products.
- Prints reports, checks, bills, etc. as well as completes scheduled jobs.
- Assists with documentation and maintenance of documents related to IT operational processes and activities.
- Assists with help desk coverage by providing occasional phone support and assists with the resolution of commonly documented issues.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. We will consider all Bachelor degree majors if a student is interested in breaking into IT.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Interest in software development, system operations, or information technology.
- Must be able to use MS Office tools.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.