Job Posting End Date: 11/22
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:This position serves in providing strategic enrollment consultation and has significant influence on the utilization of Unum’s Telephonic Enrollment Services and driving growth within the enrollment offering. The incumbent possesses in-depth knowledge of our offerings and enrollment service capabilities and partners with internal and external constituents to leverage our capabilities to support our customers’ enrollment needs. The Enrollment Case Manager must utilize strong technical and analytical skills to assess customer needs and develop solutions based on proven enrollment capabilities through case studies and performance metrics. Additionally, this role will facilitate and enhance the customer experience through process improvement, mentoring, training of others, project participation and quality assurance methods.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide pre-sale consultative support, including broker/client meetings as a subject expert on Telephonic Enrollment strategy and capabilities, including Core Benefit Enrollment and Benefit Administration platform compatibility
- Actively engage in sold case acquisition process, including participation on broker/client implementation calls
- Responsible for gathering appropriate core data, verifying formatting and accuracy and driving completion of appropriate product information (e.g. sales positioning points for Benefit Counselors) relative to Telephonic Enrollment
- Represent Telephonic Enrollment in pre-brief process
- Develop and maintain close partnerships with field sales, client management, and implementation roles
- Provides critical link to field and implementation teams for Core and complex case management and issue resolution
- Proactively resolve challenges and drive solutions in order to enable premium and service results
- Coach, train and mentor Benefit Counselors throughout all phases of enrollment
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external partners to drive growth
- Collect, analyze and report case results and identify trends to drive growth and opportunities for improvement
- Manage and track cases in all applicable systems (e.g. SalesForce, Service Case Tracking)
- Represent Telephonic Enrollment on various projects, as required
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Strong research and problem solving skills, able to think critically and propose customer-centric solutions
- Demonstrated ability to drive results while balancing customer and operational requirements
- Demonstrated leadership in a team setting with strong mentoring and training skills
- Demonstrated strong listening skills with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to build relationships with management and co-workers
- Adaptable/flexible with ability to deal with multiple, concurrent, rapidly changing and complex demands
- Obtain/maintain necessary licensing (Life and Health), plus any special licensing requirement for Long Term Care
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.