Are you a recent college graduate or a detail-oriented individual looking to start your finance & accounting career? Or perhaps you are a seasoned bookkeeper looking to step away from a large corporate environment. Consider joining our small business office team knowing the work you do will positively impact the lives of over 600 Maine seniors. Hiring immediately!
Woodlands Senior Living is a Maine-based, family-owned-and-operated organization that provides the people of Maine a trusted partner in assisted living and memory care. Our mission is to make each day the best day possible for every resident we serve. Our teammates are committed to high standards of behavior to deliver the highest quality of care and provide a safe and inclusive work environment.
What you will do as an Accounting Specialist I:
- Review purchase invoices, allocate to the appropriate general ledger account and resolve internal and external payment inquiries and complaints.
- Perform data entry, system batch reports, month end closing and financial audits to review for accuracy.
- Retrieve, file, organize and archive financial records according to policies and procedures.
- Provide clerical support for the department.
This is a Monday-Friday position with 32-40 hours per week.
Office is currently located in Waterville but will be moving to Augusta in late Fall/early Winter.
The benefits to join the team:
- Vacation and holiday pay because you deserve time to relax and recharge
- Tuition assistance because we believe in the investment of your growth and success
- Health, dental, vision and supplemental benefits to support your health
- 401(k) savings and investment plan to prepare for your future
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Previous accounting-related experienced preferred
- Must provide proof of immunization/immunity to MMR, Varicella and Influenza
- A current, valid license to operate a vehicle in the state of Maine and a driving record that is satisfactory to the company may be required
- Strong command of the English language with the ability to follow oral and written instructions with precision