Maine Medical Center is seeking a Manager – Radiology Nursing (RN) in Portland. The Radiology Care Unit (RADCU) provides care for inpatient and outpatients undergoing radiologic procedures on an outpatient/ambulatory status, and serves pediatric, adolescent, adult and elderly patients. The RADCU Unit is open Monday thru Friday from 6:30 am to 6 pm. After hours, weekends and holidays there is an on-call nurse to respond to urgent needs of inpatients and outpatients.
The Nurse Manager in collaboration with the Nursing Director is the vital link between the mission and vision of Maine Medical Center and the delivery of safe patient and family centered care that is compassionate, evidence-based, and provides highest quality care. Reporting through the Nursing Director, this role requires collaboration with staff, physicians, directors, other professional colleagues and occasionally senior administration, to meet the diverse and continually changing challenges of the health care environment. The Nurse Manager must be a creative, autonomous, future-oriented, risk-taking entrepreneur who applies nursing expertise, critical thinking, and effective leadership and management skills to ensure that quality care is provided through satisfied and inspired professionals on a daily basis.
This is a working manager with a 50% floor RN responsibility.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
- BSN required, master’s preferred.
- Interpersonal and management skills in order to deal with complex management problems. Ability to communicate effectively with unit and administrative personnel, physicians, a variety of other hospital staff and persons within the community.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in providing care in order to oversee others and serve as effective resource at a level normally acquired through two or three years of progressive experience.
- High level of critical thinking and analytical skills to make management decisions at unit level and make recommendations for consideration on departmental issues.
- Ability to integrate the knowledge of teaching principles and counseling techniques in order to direct the growth of the unit staff.
- High level of organization skills, effective time management and delegation strategies that include the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust work flow according to changing unit needs.
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.