MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program is 11 weeks filled with meaningful work, learning sessions and networking opportunities. Our goal is to help prepare our interns for their future careers by providing them with hands on experience related to their field of study. This is a paid internship and students can receive credit toward their degree. The program will begin on June 1st and end on August 14th. This internship will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Technical Support Intern will be exposed to the day to day activities of a Technical Support Specialist. This internship is a good starting point for an individual; looking to get into the operational side of IT.
- Answers Help Desk phone to assist employees with technical issues and responds to tickets submitted through Service-Now.
- Assists with the setup, deployment and support of new or replacement business equipment and software.
- Assists with maintaining current technical inventory.
- Creates and updates IT documentation, as directed.
- Assisting with larger-scale projects depending on availability.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Information Technologies majors preferred. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Technical knowledge, customer service, and helpdesk experience preferred. Experience with Windows 10, Microsoft office suite and dell hardware preferred.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to complete projects on a timely basis, identify obvious problems and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law