Skowhegan Savings Bank is seeking an individual to join our growing team as Community Branch Manager in Portland, Maine.
Skowhegan Savings Bank has been dedicated to strengthening Maine's families, businesses, and communities by providing personalized and competitive banking services to Mainers for 150 years. In early 2021 we opened a new business center in Portland to better serve the needs of existing customers in the area as well as to build new relationships with the community and local businesses.
As an independent mutual savings bank based in Skowhegan, our mission is to provide customers with exceptional service in an innovative banking environment that effectively and efficiently puts the financial needs of the customer first. Skowhegan Savings takes pride in not only being a great place to bank but also a great place to work.
The Community Branch Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the branch; performing customer service duties; participating with the VP, Retail Customer Relations in establishing specific goals for the branch; ensuring compliance with all operating policies and procedures; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate personnel and providing periodic reports. The Community Branch Manager, participating with the VP Community Banking, will originate mortgages and home equity loans and service consumer loan applications as necessary adhering to established loan policy and provide support to the Lending team as well as playing an active role in the Portland community representing the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provides professional, eager, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
- Promotes and executes a sales culture and builds relationships with new and existing customers by identifying their needs and determining the appropriate products or services.
- Meet residential loan volume goals ($3MM)
- Network and build relationships with the realtors in the Portland market and build a referral network.
- Provides effective human relations management, including performance evaluations, disciplinary action, coaching, etc. and assisting with recruiting, hiring and salary administration,
- Provides leadership to a team of subordinates, including motivation and employee development.
- Provides guidance and training to new employees to ensure their training is adequate and complete.
- Schedules Personal Banker work hours and assigns specific job duties; monitors performance.
- Maintains cash drawer, processes customer transactions and opens accounts in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with bank policies and procedures. (when short on staff only)
- Originates and services consumer loans within prescribed lending authority and assists the lending team as needed.
- Responsible for deposit and loan goals within a branch.
- Maintains currency and coin supplies as prescribed by bank policy and assists in managing the branch cash limits.
- Research balancing discrepancies; assists Personal Bankers with balancing problems and ticket errors.
- Advises and assists Personal Bankers with more complex teller transactions and customer service problems including check cashing authorizations and exceptions.
- Investigate and handle customer complaints.
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and other reports required by law or regulation and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, bank policy and procedures.
- Maintains and ensures adherence to safety and security issues, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that branch building and grounds are maintained properly.
- Attends various functions/networking opportunities to enhance the image and presence of the bank in the market as required.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with demonstrated knowledge of branch operations, sales, customer service, bank products and services. The candidate must possess strong supervisory and coaching skills, have knowledge of bank products and services, consumer and mortgage lending and excellent relationship and customer services skills. Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, be detail oriented, proficient computer skills, demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience of 5+ years in Business, Banking, Sales or other related area preferred; a combination of education and experience may meet qualifications. National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) designation preferred or the ability to obtain and maintain NMLS license under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z.
Travel will be required initially to other branches during the training period. Qualified candidates may learn more about Skowhegan Savings, further position responsibilities and requirements and may apply on-line by visiting: www.SkowheganSavings.com/about-careers.htm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.