~ 40 Hours/week, Salaried, Day shift ~
Hybrid Remote Work Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Work Care Manager to join our growing Population Health team! As part of a multi-disciplinary care coordination team, the Social Work Care Manager will work with patients in the outpatient setting who have primarily social or financial needs. These include helping patients get access to important resources that improve their ability to engage in care and meet their quality of life goals. This role is able to support up to two days/week working remotely.
The Social Work Care Manager continuously consults on the patient care plan to ensure that the interventions appropriately match the patient’s level of activation and helps to remove barriers to successful progress toward achievement of goals.
If you are passionate about improving the coordination of patient care for children living with complex medical needs and enjoy working as part of a patient-centered team, please consider joining our care team.
The Social Work Care Manager provides professional social work services that support the goal of the Population Health Program to deliver risk based population management services to patients at all times during their tenure of care at Maine Medical Partners.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- License/Certifications: Licensed by the Maine State Board of Social Work.
- Experience: Experience providing therapeutic services to adult and pediatric patients with chronic medical issues. Experience in client advocacy and case management.
- Proficient computer skills.
- High level of analytical skills to resolve complex psychosocial problems associated with illness Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to interact effectively as member of an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Ability to identify and utilize community resources.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with a diverse patient population.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge of health and social issues impacting diverse clients and their well-being.
6. Knowledge of the use of therapeutic relationship to foster patient involvement.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.