Bangor Savings Bank
Portland: Fore St.
Commercial Loan Administrator
FUNCTION: Working under the direction and guidelines established by the Senior Commercial Administrative Manager or designee, the Commercial Loan Administrator is the primary servicing representative for commercial banking relationships. The CLA works independently with assistance as needed from a supervisor. CLA works directly with commercial banking clients, which may have complex needs or loan products with unique characteristics. In addition, the CLA undertakes special projects as directed by the Director of Commercial Banking and Senior Administrative Manager. The CLA consistently supports the commitment to compliance by adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and Bank policies and procedures.
- Generally works with loan relationships that are in excess of $500,000 or works with specialized lending products.
- Processes all daily teller transactions for loan disbursements, payments, and account and wire transfers
- Provides “Base Sheet” loan implementation, and accuracy of loading new loans on Bank system
- Establishes and maintains collateral, credit, and relationship files, ensuring they are complete for both internal and external loan reviews and audits, including annual FDIC examination
- Functions as primary contact with Loan Services for maintenance and modification requests.
- Coordinates the preparation of commitment letters, modifications, and renewals, using judgment and experience to ensure accurate documentation.
- In conjunction with Commercial Banking Officer, prepares loan documentation and coordinates closings, or works closely the Closing Attorney for proper loan documentation and funding.
- Shows a high level of accuracy and detail in their work.
- Is conscientious and persistent to find accurate and customer friendly solutions.
- May be involved with reconcilement of General Ledger Accounts.
- Works with Bank’s loan documentation system to create loan documentation for closings. May work with title companies or law firms to coordinate closings. Reviews title polices in conjunction with loan closings.
- May work with borrowers who have a requirement for borrowing base certificates; works with Credit Support for review, and responsible for monthly update of availability on Jack Henry.
- May work with borrowers whose needs include Letters of Credit; works with Senior CLA or Supervisor to provide appropriate letter and documentation.
- Is able to coordinate the construction disbursement process in conjunction with the Portfolio Manager.
- Follow up on required documents post closing.
- Initiates and receives customer contact regarding billings, loan payments, fees, other charges, and related administrative matters
- Takes responsibility for resolving customer inquiries
- Researches customer inquiries and responds promptly in writing or by telephone as necessary
- Greets customers, answers phone calls, coordinates appointments
- Provides the highest quality of service to every customer in the Bangor Savings Bank tradition of teamwork and customer satisfaction
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations
- Reviews loan documentation for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with approvals
- Advises and assists Commercial Banking Officers with resolving any deficiencies
- Follows up with Bank Counsel to correct errors or obtain missing items
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork
- Works to continue professional development through maintaining a positive team environment with all levels of staff and management
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Manages time well, handles information flow well, accepts accountability, meets accuracy standards
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, and takes on new challenges
- Promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others
- Handles information flow well, maintaining a clean/functional work space that keeps information organized, accessible and secure
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing
- Assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, handling service issues politely and efficiently and following appropriate procedures
TEAMWORK, KNOWLEDGE/SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform bookkeeping tasks
- One to three years of related banking experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Required to attend ongoing training sessions to improve professional skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, CONDITION REQUIREMENTS, & EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office environment
- Essential functions of the job are performed on Bank premises
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
- Microsoft Office products: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Jack Henry
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.