Northern Light Home Care and Hospice
Department: Home Health - Aroostook County
Position is located: Northern Light Home Care and Hospice Houlton
Work Type: Part Time Eligible
Hours: 32 hour per week, salaried
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sign-On Bonus for those meeting eligibility criteria!
The Physical Therapist is responsible for exercising independent judgment in directing and supervising the provision of physical therapy services to a designated group of clients in their homes, with accountability if such care is not rendered correctly or appropriately by those whom he/she directs and supervises. The Physical Therapist assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and exercises independent judgment in coordinating the home care course of treatment and assigning significant overall duties to subordinate personnel. The Physical Therapist confers and collaborates with physicians in implementation of the home care treatment plan. The Physical Therapist collaborates with, and responsibly directs and supervises Physical Therapist Assistants and Home Health Aides. Performance reflects the mission and values of VNA Home Health Hospice.
Clinical Practice- Collaborates with members of the healthcare team to provide integrative care for all clients through assessment, care plan development, and evaluation of client outcomes as supported by completed documentation.
- Initiates a systematic, accurate and ongoing comprehensive assessment of needs of the client, family, and/or significant other.
- Demonstrates competency in the fundamentals of case management.
- Demonstrates competency in OASIS assessments.
- Develops and implement a POC based on identified needs and Agency protocol.
- Receives timely authorization for any deviation from Agency protocols prior to initiating POC.
- Initiates actions directed toward achieving expected outcomes.
- Collaborates with others to evaluate and modify the POC based on client outcomes.
- Exercises independent judgment in supervising and directing client care provided by other members of the client care team, with accountability if such care is not rendered accurately or appropriately.
- Adheres to discipline specific clinical practice standards.
- Acknowledges the value of and participates in the interdisciplinary team meetings and utilizes services according to standards of care.
- Provides service and produces work at or above expected levels of quality and consistent with agency defined quantitative standards.
- Documents accurately, completely and in accordance with Agency policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age groups served.
Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Fosters Innovation: Employs and encourages the use of meaningful creativity in solving challenges. Proactively identifies opportunities and uses new approaches to enhance processes, systems and services. When appropriate, suggests or initiates new strategies, products, services, and markets.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Physical Therapist
* Bachelor's Degree
Evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written, and telephonic means. The incumbent must be computer literate.
Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and agency required auto liability insurance.
Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status