Function: Reporting to the Senior Consumer Banking Operations Officer, the Courier Processing Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Courier Room. The Courier Room Team Lead processes and verifies customer deposits delivered via courier and for responding to or researching inquiries related to any transactions processed in the Courier Room. The Courier Processing Team Lead also manages the US and Canadian coin and currency in the Courier Room related to deposits and supplying emergency branch cash orders. Working closely with members of Consumer Banking Administration & Operations, the Courier Processing Team Lead maintains and utilizes an in-depth understanding of Courier Room procedures, as well as a sound working knowledge of all bank policies, procedures and products. This position requires strong detail orientation, entrepreneurial tenacity and the ability to make decisions to support team members.
- Promotes a customer-centered culture and attitude that puts the customer first, understanding that customers also include front line associates of Consumer Banking and across business lines.
- Builds and sustains strong internal relationships by providing the highest level of service with individuals and groups at all levels within the Bank, demonstrating You Matter More in every interaction.
- Supports and reinforces the Customer Experience structure, standards, initiatives and activities.
- Serves as liaison between Courier Room and departments, branches and Retail Operations.
Customer Transactions and Processing:
- Process transactions accurately, efficiently and in compliance with policies, procedures, and performance standards
- Engages business partners for assistance regarding customers or vendors that leverage BSB’s courier service
- Demonstrates ability to handle routine and more complex service issues independently, consults with appropriate staff for advanced problem resolution.
- Proactively recognizes issues that need to be escalated in order to improve process and procedure, with an eye to improving efficiencies and/or customer experience
- Maintains heightened awareness of security measures and uses all security tools that have been provided
- Maintains clean environment, equipment and facilities
- May require some 2nd shift work hours when staffing coverage is required
Courier Room Team Lead:
- Provide operational supervision for Courier Room team members including but not limited to staff scheduling, conducting and participating in daily connects and first-line support of team members
- Participate in hiring and coaching of other team members
- Responsible for maintaining active courier service customer lists
- Maintains documentation of department procedures
- Assists management in developing efficiencies either through use of equipment, creating processes/reports that provide insight or recommending changes to current processes while keeping security and risk in the forefront of decisions
- Responsible for detailed and timely reporting of all Courier Room activities
- Completes Risk Management and Performance Measurement tasks assigned by Management
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding all Courier Room services and systems for providing services to customers while maintain required reporting for Risk and Retail Operations
- Works closely with several departments, such as Accounting for Canadian currency ordering, shipping, and supplying branch requests
- Maintains oversight of debit card inventory and other items in “Controlled Supplies” for branch requests
- Responsible for safekeeping and management of all drilled safe deposit box contents secured in Courier Room
- Leverages bank resources, tools and job aids to accurately respond to support inquiries ensuring that SLA’s are adhered to and that performance metric are maintained
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Participates in the decision-making process regarding promotions, salary, transfers and terminations of all direct reports.
- Participates in completion of the performance appraisals for team members.
- Participates in conflict resolution, process improvements and communication to other team members.
- Supports and coaches team members in their professional development.
- Creates and fosters a cohesive team and promotes a positive work environment.
- Develops a cooperative and collaborative working relationship with other departments and leaders in the company.
- Assists in making budgeting recommendations.
- Works harmoniously and effectively with several other departments on tasks focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance/professionalism standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Integrity/Ethics – deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
- Vision/Values – supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank’s vision, mission and values to others.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges
- Initiative – takes action, operates a pro-active self-starter, acts on opportunities to improve, self-directed with ability to plan own activities to achieve goals.
- Interpersonal Skills – has good listening skills, excellent customer service skills, able to communicate clearly and professionally both in telephone and written communication; ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Productivity – manages time well, handles information flow well, strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize work flow, accepts accountability.
- Decision Making – sound judgement in decision making and problem solving; must be able to think through a problem, following proper steps in finding resolution.
- Teamwork – team player with a positive attitude, promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others, willingly assists co-workers and share responsibilities.
- Responsible – ability to work with little supervision and instruct team members regarding scheduling, tasks and coaching for conflict resolution.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college, business, banking or professional training helpful.
- A minimum of two years branch banking or similar experience required.
- Strong knowledge of retail banking, including standard policies and procedures.
- Solid understanding of SilverLake/Xperience (knowledge of SilverLake Teller is a plus).
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy; proficiency with MS Office required.
- Proactive and self-motivated; comfortable working independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/CONDITIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 50 lbs.) required. Must be able to transfer coin bags/boxes (to 50 lbs) onto cart. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.