The Operations Administrator provides support and capacity for a range of organizational operational and administrative activities to enable the rapid growth and evolution of the Maine Connectivity Authority as a new organization. Activities include: schedule coordination, consistent organizational communications, minor accounting and financial duties, record and report management, managing constituent inquiries. The Administrator will assist in oversight of operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
As an integral member of the new organization’s rapidly growing team, the Operations Administrator will report to the President and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the organization has the proper capacity and coordination in place to effectively support the organization’s growth, evolution and strategic mandate. This role is central to the ability of the organization to execute a bold vision within an accelerated development timeframe.
WHO WE ARE OVERVIEW
The Maine Connectivity Authority (MCA) is a new quasi governmental organization created in 2021 through a bi-partisian effort to bridge Maine’s digital divide through proactive investments and partnerships for high speed internet connectivity for everyone in Maine. MCA will serve as the primary agency to plan, develop, manage, and invest in broadband in Maine capitalized with an initial $250M of funding through Federal Recovery Funds. We need to connect everyone to the modern digital society and build the foundation for Maine’s future.
High speed internet access is essential to participation in the modern economy, and has the potential to dramatically improve Mainers’ quality of life. Private investment alone is insufficient to ensure that the above goals are met and to enable all Mainers to access these benefits. For these reasons, the Maine Connectivity Authority was conceived, legislated and created to not just light up all dark pockets but to remove barriers and accelerate growth. The MCA is designed to be more proactive in decision making, explore public private partnerships, deploy a range of financial tools, and enable a strategic network of digital infrastructure for Maine’s future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to the President, CFO, managers, and senior-level officers as needed
- Assist in the creation and preparation of reports, presentations, and materials
- Receive and forward communications to different staff and departments
- Organize meetings and meeting schedules including Board and committee meetings.
- Perform clerical duties, such as filing, answering phone calls, responding to emails, and updating the website
- Support organization human resources
- Work with the CFO to process invoices, make payments, and track receipts
- Ensure meeting spaces are prepared prior to use
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures
- Provide support on the development of office policies by establishing standards and procedures; making necessary adjustments, e.g. updating employee handbook, professional development policy, etc.
- Support organizational IT including equipment and software procurement use and training
- Assist in the hiring of new staff by managing the solicitation, screening and interview of potential candidates
- Oversee new staff on-boarding
- Commitment to MCA’s Purpose, Principles, and Culture
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of competency, reliability and good spirit. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commitment and concern for MCA’s charge to provide broadband for everyone in Maine and to facilitate the digital infrastructure for Maine’s future.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture while implementing continuous improvement programs and treating employees with respect every step of the way.
- Demonstrable Experience in office administration and organizational operations preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously
- Highly organized and able to create an organized and easy-to-follow system for others
- Intermediate level of experience with productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and basic website content management systems, as well as financial management software such as quickbooks.
- Familiarity with office equipment and procedures
- Experience with a professional contact relational management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce is a bonus.
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal contexts
- Familiarity with basic website content management systems (such as WIX) is a bonus.
- Familiarity with non-profit, governmental or quasi governmental agencies is a bonus..
The Maine Connectivity Authority is a start-up organization with the need to rapidly scale into a high performing, high impact organization serving as a trusted leader charged with executing a critical public need. Team members will be evaluated on their competencies and qualities as a part of the organization’s character.
- Adaptation and evolution. Continual learning and adjustment are critical to ensure the growth and success of organizational priorities.
- Ownership and Collaboration: Accountability for follow through and success balanced with a team orientation and willingness to partner internally and externally.
- Grit and Gumption: The vision and strategy is bold and will require an important blend between resolve, resourcefulness, initiative and creativity to not just achieve but exceed expectations.
- Humble and Hungry: The nature of our work is complex, requiring specific expertise, self-awareness and integrity balanced with a recognition that interdisciplinary solutions need to be created in new and different ways. Having the ability to create solutions for a more prosperous future for everyone should get you out of bed.
The Maine Connectivity Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.
- Work is performed in an office and virtual (hybrid) environment
- Sitting and/or standing (working at a desk), using a computer – up to 80% of daily expectations
- Meetings (internal, external and blended) with daily frequency
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
Compensation: $55,000 - $75,000.
Competitive Benefits will be available
Location: Maine (hybrid, remote)
Timing: Desired start date by March 2022. Position will be open until filled.