Residential Care Worker
(Beach, Bacon, High, Crescent, Woodbridge, Owls Head, Warren, Grace, Cedar, Pleasant)
Maine Behavioral Healthcare provides transitional residential treatment programs to people who experience mental health challenges in an environment that is supportive and encourages continued treatment and community integration. There are 12 programs located between York and Belfast. As a skilled Residential Care Worker you will be able to offer individuals the opportunity to develop and/or improve their overall functioning and quality of life. By supporting these individuals to reach their treatment goals within the residential program and greater community; you are able to make an impact on them maintaining their recovery and reducing stigma.
Location & Shift:
High St., Sanford, ME
What you will do:
- Maintain the program’s schedule and participate in treatment-focused supervision meetings
- Assist and coordinate individuals in activities to reach their treatment goals to successfully transition to a lower level of care.
- Develop a working knowledge of the statewide mental health system and resources.
- Assist individuals in daily personal care, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, and 1:1 assistance when needed
- Engage clients in treatment groups and community integration activities.
- Coordinate medical, psychiatric and other appointments as needed.
- Perform duties required by certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) – “What you will need”:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred. Salaries are based on years of experience and education.
- License/Certifications: Active Certified Residential Medication Aide and Personal Support Specialist certification however MBH will pay for trainings as needed. Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Experience: Prior experience working in a residential setting preferred.