Northern Light CA Dean Hospital
Department: Plant Management
Position is located: Northern Light C A Dean Hospital
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: No Hours Assigned
Must be able to ensure the proper segregation, collection, transporting and disposal of infectious, biohazard and pharmaceutical waste. Transports collected waste and recyclables to appropriate storage areas or agencies per state and federal guidelines. Helps to ensure that the Hospital is safe for patients, visitors, and other employees. Helps to ensure that all waste is handled and stored in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Must fulfill any training obligations pertaining to state and federal guidelines.
1. Waste is picked up at regularly scheduled times throughout the hospital.
2. Waste is separated by solid waste, infectious waste, recyclable waste, universal waste, pharmaceutical waste and chemotherapy (cytotoxic) waste.
3. Infectious waste, pharmaceutical waste and chemotherapy waste is properly packed for shipment and transported to storage.
4. The Bio-Packing Room is kept clean and sanitary at all times.
5. Transports collected recyclables to appropriate areas or agencies.
6 Must be able to comprehend the policies and regulations of each waste, its storage, and transport out of facilities.
7. Must be able to comprehend type and color of all waste containers
8. Is responsible for appropriate documents and documentation on a weekly and monthly basis.
9. Is responsible for ordering all waste containers and supplies
10. Is responsible for loading of waste truck and receiving the proper documents of shipment at that time.
11. Must be able to maintain proper storage of all noted waste per regulation as well as assure all areas are kept clean and free of any items not permissible to these areas per state and federal regulation.
12. Must be able to work with germicidal and other cleaning detergents.
13. Must be able to pull trash out of large trash cans, load trash carts and dumpsters, and push large carts long distances.
Competencies and skills:
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* No previous experience required.
*High Diploma or Equivalent.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status