- Flexible schedule hours are Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- This position requires in-office training in Brunswick, ME
Ensures the timely, safe and efficient delivery of petroleum products and emergency service utilizing a computerized dispatching and monitoring system. This position effectively communicates with customers, schedules drivers and technicians, and monitors delivery and service progress to assure a high level of customer satisfaction, and an efficient, profitable operation. This is done in support of the Dead River Company Brand Promise, Customer Guarantees and Pledges and Co-worker Guarantees and Pledges.
- Courteously answers emails, phone calls and/or makes outbound calls as needed. Proactively communicates back to customers:
- If a delivery cannot be made or completed
- Resolve after hours service requests
- Acts as the primary communication link using cellular telephone to connect with all on-call drivers & service technicians regarding job assignments or job progress
- Communicates with daytime staff and/or management about the following:
- Exceptions about truck and driver availability for next day or week
- Driver manifest concerns
- Customer run-outs so that adjustments can be made to account
- Follow-up service work required
- Resolves credit issues (COD customers). Relays information back to the driver or technician for appropriate delivery and/or collection.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
A high school education or equivalent is preferred.
Dispatchers frequently deal with customers, other employees (technicians, drivers, and office personnel) and management.
Although no experience is necessary, some understanding of petroleum products, equipment and basic service is beneficial.
Certification and Testing:
No licensing or testing is required for this position.
Normal office equipment is utilized including a personal computer and cellular telephone.
This dispatcher must plan and schedule technicians & drivers time. The dispatcher handles customer complaints and service/delivery related issues. Issues that cannot be satisfactorily resolved are referred to the service/delivery manager.
Safety considerations relate to proper ergonomics in an office setting including proper work station and computer terminal setup.
Other Attributes Required:
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Courteous demeanor
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment without distraction
Most of the work is performed in an office setting with controlled temperatures. The heating season is typically faster paced than the rest of the year.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent sitting with occasional standing and walking
- There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork
- There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening
Weight or Force Moved:
There is rarely a need to lift or move an object weighing more than 10 pounds.